Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/29/2015 1:01:10 PM EDT
I have a 51t left over I didn't use on my blackout build. Was thinking of using it on my 308 project or trading it or selling it on the ee for a brake.

Does a brake make that much difference on a 308 AR?

Seems alot of people run them. Il never run an aac can on it, so it seems a waste to use the 51T
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 5:46:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Brake makes a huge difference on my .308's vs. a flash hider.  Reduced muzzle rise and much less recoil.  Experienced this on AR10, FAL, SCAR17, HK G3, Remington 700, etc.

I've got (2) 51T flash hiders sitting around because I've swapped them out for brakes.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 6:57:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah. I think I am going to sell that 51T or trade it.

I wonder is there really that much difference in the brakes on the market. I think I might go with a JP or something.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 8:33:56 PM EDT
[#3]
I have two 308 Ar, one with a flash hider and one with a brake, I notice better control with the brake.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 9:46:32 PM EDT
[#4]
I'll certainly be going with a YHM brake on my M5 build, will be using the Phantom LT suppressor.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 3:38:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Brakes on the .308's make a huge difference in recoil and muzzle climb.

They also increase muzzle blast to the sides and around the muzzle to the point that they are unpleasant to shoot for many people, especially if you have spent a life shooting large bores in confined spaces, or been around a lot of overpressure events indoors.

Without hearing protection, the shooter will suffer some type of hearing loss, and bystanders will even more so.
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top