Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/17/2015 2:12:31 PM EDT
It seems like I never see any 450 Bushmaster related threads on here anymore. What's up with that? Is 450 bushmaster over?
Link Posted: 5/17/2015 4:08:30 PM EDT
[#1]
It's dying a slow death, with the .458 dancing a happy jig.
Link Posted: 5/17/2015 4:16:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Myself and quite a few other folks in my area use them for hog hunting, works great.

The availability of commercial ammo for people who do not choose to reload makes it a good choice over the .458.

Link Posted: 5/17/2015 4:50:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Def not dead around me.  Is my go to hog/deer rifle, and currently my favorite AR.  I have been shooting the Hornady load for it for sometime, but am going down the reload road.
Link Posted: 5/17/2015 6:27:37 PM EDT
[#4]
There is a bit of price manipulation going on, but it's not going to die with factory ammo running $1.40 a round.  That's actually $1.25 before the feds add on the 11% excise tax that is not applied to brass alone.  Brass on the other hand is a whopping .93 cents a piece.  Even if you reload, you might as well buy factory ammo, shoot it, and keep the brass.

Tony

Link Posted: 5/17/2015 7:28:11 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm building one for lower MI deer hunting. It is one of the allowed rifle cartridges.
Link Posted: 5/18/2015 10:01:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Remington(DPMS) is putting out uppers and magazines for the 450B, Midway has the 16" upper w/mag in stock right now for a decent price. Ammo is available, brass is also available.

No it is not dead,

Even Lehigh Defense makes specialized bullets for the 450B now
Link Posted: 5/18/2015 9:16:45 PM EDT
[#7]
With several states (like mine) changing their rules to allow for certain rifle calibers for game like deer, the 450 Bushmaster should only become more popular.

My 450 Bushmaster is substantially preferable to a shotgun for deer hunting.

Having companies like Remington and Hornady behind it helps as well.
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 12:11:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Definitely not in Michigan since they just changed the shotgun deer zone to allow for pistol caliber rifles.  I'm in the midst of a .450 build right now -
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top