AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 6
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/17/2015 1:38:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I ordered my FDE M5 set from Schuyler Arms yesterday. I didn't realize till afterwards there was a gen 2 version with a tension screw and new changes so that my BCM charge handle will fit without modification. Have any of you ordered from them recently and can you verify whether or not it what they sold you was the updated version?

Thanks!
View Quote

i received mine form Schuyler a few weeks ago, and they are Gen2.
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 6:07:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I ordered my FDE M5 set from Schuyler Arms yesterday. I didn't realize till afterwards there was a gen 2 version with a tension screw and new changes so that my BCM charge handle will fit without modification. Have any of you ordered from them recently and can you verify whether or not it what they sold you was the updated version?

Thanks!

Could someone post pictures of the new changes on the M5 set. I want to order a set and wanted to know what to look for.
Thanks
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 8:17:57 PM EDT
[#3]
My ar15 grip fit, the 7.62 did not

Quoted:
in THIS THREAD Aero states that their M5 receivers are made for standard AR15 grips, the APEG 7.62 definitely does not fit without modification, the larue apeg for the ar15 may work, though.

ETA: My MIAD 1.1 fits beautifully with no gap.
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/18/2015 8:19:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Utg pro 15 inch is nice

Quoted:
I ordered mine from Midway, but they are not in stock. Someone said they were having trouble finding the UTG Pro, so I provided 2 links. So, they are out there, but I can't vouch for either company linked.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

From which of the 2 did you buy yours from?
I ordered mine from Midway, but they are not in stock. Someone said they were having trouble finding the UTG Pro, so I provided 2 links. So, they are out there, but I can't vouch for either company linked.

Link Posted: 6/20/2015 11:41:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

How are you liking that UTG Rail so far ?

View All Quotes

I like it, it looks nice, installed easy and feels pretty solid. That being said I'm getting rid of it in favor of a carbon fiber free float tube to try and save weight
Link Posted: 6/21/2015 7:50:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
in THIS THREAD Aero states that their M5 receivers are made for standard AR15 grips, the APEG 7.62 definitely does not fit without modification, the larue apeg for the ar15 may work, though.

ETA: My MIAD 1.1 fits beautifully with no gap.

Thanks for the info. Very useful.
Link Posted: 6/22/2015 7:35:07 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I like it, it looks nice, installed easy and feels pretty solid. That being said I'm getting rid of it in favor of a carbon fiber free float tube to try and save weight
View All Quotes

If you going to get rid of your UTG rail . I'll take it off your hands.
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 11:27:29 AM EDT
[#8]
Just a head's up...Aero Precision just released an "Enhanced" M5 .308 Lower Parts Kit on their site - $101.15 - http://aeroprecisionusa.com/m5-308-enhanced-lower-parts-kit.html

"Our M5 (.308) lower parts kit helps you to build a custom .308 AR from the ground up. Mil- spec dimensions and coating ensure the highest quality and correct component interface.
Our upgraged Enhanced Lower Parts Kit features a Magpul MOE Grip and Aero Precision Billet Trigger Guard."

Features:

Aero Precision M5 (.308) Complete Lower Parts Kit
   Our custom takedown and pivot pins are made to work with our M5 lower. They will work with DPMS-pattern lowers as well but will stick out further.
Link Posted: 7/9/2015 7:57:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Just an update I shot some 308 instead of the 7.62 and it seems to be running smoother, I was only able to shoot about 5 rds though
Page / 6
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top