AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/26/2014 3:40:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
he lists the sig 716 Patrol at $2500, so i guess a SCAR 17, if available, would be about $4K.
View Quote

Hi....as wrote before a 17s here in Switzerland cost, unfortunately over 5500.- $.
Link Posted: 12/29/2014 3:06:24 AM EDT
[#2]
USED STG-58 for $1500!!!!!

I would buy one for that price used any day especially if it has an original Steyr receiver.  I have read that many of these rifles had hammer forged chrome lined barrels which is a very good thing. These are  very good firearms.  The one part I would change is the metal hand guard it gets extremely cold in winter and very hot after shooting just one 20 round magazine.  You could easily replace it with a polymer hand guard from another FAL rifle.  Magazines and spare parts shouldn't be too hard to come by.  And for a battle rifle it is hard to beat.  Shooting 147-150 grain bullets would be typical fodder but you could always shoot heavier bullets 165-180 of you can get them.  

Buckshott
Link Posted: 12/29/2014 4:55:03 AM EDT
[#3]
i have experience with the following .308 battle rifles

Springfield m1a scout squad:

18" barrel with springfield muzzle break makes a very soft shooting rifle
CMI mags which are currently issued by the US mil and reasonably priced here in the U.S. not sure what they would cost you over there
very nice iron sights
100% reliable from what little i have fired mine with brass cased ammo and CMI mags

DSA Fal

my version had a 18" non chrome lined barrel
surplus mags were a little difficult to find and sometimes expensive
I could not get used to the iron sights but a  DSA scope mount was reasonably priced and sturdy
100% reliable with surplus mags shooting both brass and steel cased ammo

I sold the FAL and im building up my M1A as $$ allow i enjoy shooting the M1A more then the FAL and it seems like we have alot more after market support as far as acc. go im not sure what the case would be for you guys though

out of your options listed i would Buy the used Fal, a scope mount, a decent optic and ammo
Link Posted: 12/29/2014 3:48:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
USED STG-58 for $1500!!!!!
I would buy one for that price used any day especially if it has an original Steyr receiver.  I have read that many of these rifles had hammer forged chrome lined barrels which is a very good thing. These are  very good firearms.  The one part I would change is the metal hand guard it gets extremely cold in winter and very hot after shooting just one 20 round magazine.  You could easily replace it with a polymer hand guard from another FAL rifle.  Magazines and spare parts shouldn't be too hard to come by.  And for a battle rifle it is hard to beat.  Shooting 147-150 grain bullets would be typical fodder but you could always shoot heavier bullets 165-180 of you can get them.  
Buckshott
View Quote

Hi OldDirtyAR
Yes, if you find one. I found one, and it's reserved for me. Now it depends only on the papers I need for it, because it was a full auto weapon before, and then changed to a semi auto, I can not buy it to normal way.
I need a additional, special permit for it. Just the same as for a full auto. I already requested it, but it takes some weeks. And because of christmas and newyears eve, almost 2 weeks are lost.
Hope I will get it, then I will take the Stg 58. And I already planed to change tha handguard, and the topcover. Maybe the stock to. But there are not a lot aftermarket parts for the normal metric, non para, version.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top