Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/12/2014 12:53:30 PM EDT
I was wondering if anyone has used these yet and what they thought of them. They were supposedly going to solve the ammo nose dive problem but I have not tried one myself to know. Anyone?
Link Posted: 12/12/2014 1:32:57 PM EDT
[#1]
I can't speak of having any nose dive issues on any mags as I just started using this caliber this year, but the ACS 20 rounders are good to go.
Link Posted: 12/12/2014 2:21:25 PM EDT
[#2]
I just recently got a 7.62x39 upper and picked up a 10, 20, & 30 round ACS mags to try out.  So far I haven't had any issues with any of them.  I need to get a couple more.
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 9:52:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Hi,

I recently bought a couple of ASC 20 rd. magazines to try out.  I dry cycled twenty rounds through one, no problems, no nose diving.  Today I ran three magazines through an 7.62x39 10.5" AR-15 pistol, live fire and ended up with three failures to feed an one jam.  I took a cell phone photo of the jam( see below) :

As you can see the 7.62x39 round porpoised, instead of the nose diving, it rose too fast jamming on the top locking lugs.  I did have another 20 round 7.62x39 Isonited magazine that completed the same test without any issues.  My take is that the ASC 7.62x39 20 round magazine still needs some work, but the feed issue is fixable.

Best Wishes:

P.S. - All of these failures to feed/jams happened with 3 rounds left in the magazine.
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 9:23:35 AM EDT
[#4]
I've had that issue with my older ASC 30 rounders but never the 10 rounders. I ordered a few of the ASC 20 rounders when they first came out and they ran fine right out of the box. I used a dremel tool to take out some material and smooth out the front lip of all my older mags, even though the 20s ran fine I did the same with those. There are other threads covering this. I'd also compress the follower when the mag is empty and check to see if there are any rough spots or places where the follower might be hanging, a little light sanding or dry lube might correct that.
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 1:51:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Hi,

I recently bought a couple of ASC 20 rd. magazines to try out.  I dry cycled twenty rounds through one, no problems, no nose diving.  Today I ran three magazines through an 7.62x39 10.5" AR-15 pistol, live fire and ended up with three failures to feed an one jam.  I took a cell phone photo of the jam( see below) :

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w53/gedington61/IMG_20141214_165229-1_1_zps822dd8bf.jpg

As you can see the 7.62x39 round porpoised, instead of the nose diving, it rose too fast jamming on the top locking lugs.  I did have another 20 round 7.62x39 Isonited magazine that completed the same test without any issues.  My take is that the ASC 7.62x39 20 round magazine still needs some work, but the feed issue is fixable.

Best Wishes:

P.S. - All of these failures to feed/jams happened with 3 rounds left in the magazine.
View Quote

Is this the 90s? What kind of potato phone is that? Sorry to hear about your mag issues I'm praying mine runs ok
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 3:01:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 10:30:37 PM EDT
[#7]
I have a ASC 20 and a 30 that I need to get out and test.  I'm glad to see two 7.62x39 threads on page 1. lol
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 3:34:58 PM EDT
[#8]
I think ASC is still the only option for 20 round 7.62x39 mags right now. C Products Defense announced a 20 rounder 'coming soon' a LONG time ago, but as of right now I don't know of any online vendors selling them.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 1:57:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

What buffer are you using?  I'm thinking a heavier buffer might slow down the BCG enough to eliminate the issue.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hi,

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w53/gedington61/IMG_20141214_165229-1_1_zps822dd8bf.jpg

Best Wishes:

What buffer are you using?  I'm thinking a heavier buffer might slow down the BCG enough to eliminate the issue.

Hi,

I thought of that too since I was using a regular carbine buffer, but Im think it may just be catching on a run or irregualrity in the marlube coating.   The reason why is that locking the bolt back and slapping the bottom of the magaziine solved the problem freed the round only once out of three times. I do have some nother 20 round 7.62x39 magazines I'm beta testing and they are doing Ok  with the lighter buffer.  I'll try reversing the spring and see if it was just installed reversed.  One thing I forgot to mention is that the ASC magazine spring is made from coiled flat wire.

Link Posted: 12/17/2014 2:42:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 8:40:42 PM EDT
[#11]
i have had good luck with the ASC 20 rd mags. the 30 rounders are more problematic
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 11:21:49 AM EDT
[#12]
I have 3 ASC 10rd & 2 5 rd mags all new, won't feed reliably in my upper, installed a springco green spring and fixed some issues but still had 3 failures to feed at all. Like any mags, they may work great in someone else's AR, I may try c products next.
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top