Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/27/2014 2:11:06 PM EDT
I am looking at getting into a 308 ar.  I know a guy who is a bushmaster dealer and said he would cut me a great deal on his unfired demo MOE 308.  The specs look good on it but I can't find very many reviews.  The armalite def10 and the M&P10 are also in consideration.  The only thing I don't like about the M&P 10 is the 18 inch barrel.   I'd rather have a 16 inch to make it handle a little better.  I reload and already have a remington  700 in 308, so this gun would be for blasting.  Anybody have any experience with the bushmaster, or should I try armalite or smith and wesson?
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 7:50:42 PM EDT
[#1]
If that is the 16" midlength gas, 4150 CL barrel, I have one.  Mine started life as an ORC, but I have completely overhauled it.  Great barrel, I have zero complaints.  Very accurate.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 8:01:58 PM EDT
[#2]
I have one. A good 3000 rounds of surplus ball through it. Runs like a sewing machine.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 8:52:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If that is the 16" midlength gas, 4150 CL barrel, I have one.  Mine started life as an ORC, but I have completely overhauled it.  Great barrel, I have zero complaints.  Very accurate.
View Quote

Yup, that's the one.  Are they compatible with a lot of the ar10 type aftermarket accessories.  I was looking at an MI keymod rail and an adjustable gas block.   Thanks.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 9:23:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Yup, that's the one.  Are they compatible with a lot of the ar10 type aftermarket accessories.  I was looking at an MI keymod rail and an adjustable gas block.   Thanks.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep, it is a DPMS/SR25 pattern rifle.

I just bought an SLR Keymod rail for mine.  The pattern is DPMS-Low for the receiver.  I have a 13.8" Troy MFR quad on it now that I am putting on the EE.  Trying to lighten it up with that Keymod rail.

Link Posted: 11/27/2014 9:51:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I just bought an SLR Keymod rail for mine.  The pattern is DPMS-Low for the receiver.  I have a 13.8" Troy MFR quad on it now that I am putting on the EE.  Trying to lighten it up with that Keymod rail.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Awesome, thanks.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 12:36:50 AM EDT
[#6]
Also looking at one of these for my first 308 ar. Anyone know what twist these have and if it takes a standard .750 gas block?
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 2:19:38 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Also looking at one of these for my first 308 ar. Anyone know what twist these have and if it takes a standard .750 gas block?
View Quote

1:10

Yes, .750 gas block
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 9:03:58 PM EDT
[#8]
My Bushy ORC is pleasantly accurate.  My only wish is that it had a free-floated handguard.  I may end up changing it.
Link Posted: 12/2/2014 12:19:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
My Bushy ORC is pleasantly accurate.  My only wish is that it had a free-floated handguard.  I may end up changing it.
View Quote

What kinda groups are we talking?  I ask because I'm getting 3moa with most types of milsurp and 2moa with the 168 prvi match.  I may try putting higher mag optic than the 1-4x to see if it's just me
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top