BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/25/2014 1:17:14 PM EDT
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 2:09:33 PM EDT
[#1]
I saw that... who wants to speculate that over the next few days they release a barrel & bolt to go along with it?

If so, I'd be curious if they're going to do it right & contact the right people, or go the reverse-engineer route.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 3:09:03 PM EDT
[#2]
No no no I don't need a .458.. Stop posting deals
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 4:17:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
No no no I don't need a .458.. Stop posting deals
View Quote

I'm using the samw strategy I do with my wife.
Post deals and hope people buy them for me
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 6:07:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Tromix barrel and bolt.  They have blems from time to time that are $100 off.  Last blem was the stamp was not on top but on side.  Nothing else wrong.  Even at full price they are a great deal.  Now they even have Stainless barrels.  Too much temptation out there......Do I need #3
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 6:51:26 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Tromix barrel and bolt.  They have blems from time to time that are $100 off.  Last blem was the stamp was not on top but on side.  Nothing else wrong.  Even at full price they are a great deal.  Now they even have Stainless barrels.  Too much temptation out there......Do I need #3
View Quote

You need to sell the pistol to me, and then replace it.

Link Posted: 11/25/2014 7:25:25 PM EDT
[#6]
I like Aero uppers and have several but where they marked the .458 on the upper?  Dumb spot IMO but then they did not ask me.  I would wager most people will put a BUIS on it and that will cover up the .458 marking and even a scope will mostly cover up the marking.  I'd rather pay more for a TROMIX marked upper or a RR upper (if you can find a RR upper) with the markings on the side where they can be easily seen.  On top is just a bone-headed place to mark it IMO.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 9:36:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Will Tromix open up a receiver for .458?
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 12:49:21 AM EDT
[#8]
They sell an upper with FA and Dust cover installed marked for $110.  Ejection port enlarged already.  Don't think they will do one from outside.  Can always call and ask.  Very customer friendly on the phone.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 12:51:34 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Let me think on that for a second,  errr NO  Like my pistol too much.  They don't have a 10.5 SS yet.  Might think about a new one then.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 8:06:41 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Let me think on that for a second,  errr NO  Like my pistol too much.  They don't have a 10.5 SS yet.  Might think about a new one then.
View Quote

I would gladly replace my 10.5" with a stainless one if Tromix ever makes it.  
I'm pretty happy with the barrel I've got now though.  
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 11:03:42 AM EDT
[#11]
Paladin Machine Shop Service in Kershaw S.C. will open up your receiver for the SOCOM and they are very fast and inexpensive.  Give Thomas a shout at [email protected] for pricing and turn around.  You won't be sorry.  Or call him at 803-475-7542.  He is not a newb to the SOCOM as are Wilson, Black Hole, and any other using the PTG reamer, and has worked closely with Marty since the beginning of the .458 SOCOM.
Remember, original speced chambers are only available on Teppo Jutsu, TROMIX, Rock River, SBR, and SSK builds.  ALL others are using reverse engineered PTG reamers which are NOT licensed by TJ and often do not work with some factory loads which are loaded to original .458 SOCOM specs.  Usually this involves only the heavier bullet loads of 400 gr. and up.  Reloaders, it doesn't matter so long as one knows how to set up their dies correctly.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 7:56:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
They sell an upper with FA and Dust cover installed marked for $110.  Ejection port enlarged already.  Don't think they will do one from outside.  Can always call and ask.  Very customer friendly on the phone.
View Quote

How come it shows $135 on the website?  And what is with all the tool marks on it- was this a pre-production sample?
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 1:28:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Well price must of gone up since I looked last. My bad.  Wow the one I saw did NOT have all those tool marks.  Hope that is an exception.  The barrel, bolt and brake I got from them are first rate.  

I picked up a RRA  stripped upper from AP when I put my pistol together.  Have not seen one since.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 8:43:37 PM EDT
[#14]
It must be a sample/ pre-production to show the engraving only... I just wonder why they would use that image on the website, but that is their business, they have a good reputation so I am not concerned.  I was really, really hoping Tromix would put on a black Friday deal, but I guess it does not matter since brass in N/A right now.
Link Posted: 12/6/2014 1:59:00 PM EDT
[#15]
so becomes the start of rifle #3 lol, good thing I am not married.  I can do these things without fighting about it lol
Link Posted: 12/9/2014 11:10:33 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Paladin Machine Shop Service in Kershaw S.C. will open up your receiver for the SOCOM and they are very fast and inexpensive.  Give Thomas a shout at [email protected] for pricing and turn around.  You won't be sorry.  Or call him at 803-475-7542.  He is not a newb to the SOCOM as are Wilson, Black Hole, and any other using the PTG reamer, and has worked closely with Marty since the beginning of the .458 SOCOM.
View Quote

Sent it off today, we'll see how he does.  
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top