Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/27/2014 7:53:28 PM EDT
Hi guys I am thinking about doing a LR308 build. It will be my first big frame AR but I got most things figured out already.

Im mainly looking for a good muzzle device that with these characteristics

1.muzzle rise/felt recoil
2.low flash
3.lower concussion/sound

I have a Griffin Armament M4SD II for my 5.56 and it does a good job at all three. Will the 308 version work the same?

I going with a 16" barrel because the gun will be a hunter and want it to be compact. This is a reason I am looking for a comp that can keep the concussion low, or at least bearable. Never shot a 308 with a 16" so I don't know how it compares to a 5.56.

Link Posted: 7/27/2014 8:24:08 PM EDT
[#1]
To be honest if you want all those qualities you are limited to a suppressor.
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 8:39:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Well I should reword #3. Im not looking for low concussion just a comp that lowers concussion compared to just a flash hider. I don't want a break cause they usually have high concussion on the sides.

But I do plan on getting suppressors for all my guns in the future.
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 8:45:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

That is pretty much on point...A AR-308 with a 16" tube is going to be a M***F***R when it comes to muzzle blast/report...

You may want to try this: http://www.carbonarms.us/All-Products/Carbon-Arms-Gas-Hog.html

Otherwise, you will really need a can to get what you are looking for...

Good luck.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 1:40:37 PM EDT
[#4]
I might go with a AAC Blackout flash hider. That way when I do get a suppressor I don't have to worry about how to mount it.  Just get it and slap it on there.

So which one AAC flash hider should I get that will accommodate the most suppressors. So I know which ones I need to start saving for.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 10:10:31 PM EDT
[#6]
The 762 flash comp non mount has about 2" of rise at 25 yards.  In other words if you were to fire a hammer pair you should be able to hold them in a group about the size of a playing card at 25.  They are low flash but have slightly more concussion than a flash suppressor.  

Link Posted: 7/29/2014 1:24:29 PM EDT
[#7]
The PWS FSC is probably one of the best all around non mount comps out there. It does a great job on my PWS 216.

Daniel
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top