Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/22/2014 1:26:41 PM EDT
has anyone shot a healthy amount of ammo with this bolt?  i'm having an issue trying to find a place that will just sell the bolt, don't need the carrier.  I've seen people mention them but no reviews
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 5:33:17 PM EDT
[#1]
I've read in here that someone had a bolt of theirs break. Not sure if they changed  to 9310 but it was 8620. Black Rifle Arms sells them with an enhanced firing pin, Rubber City Armory sells them as well but I believe the FP is a standard one. They are out there at more places than SOTA.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 5:58:03 PM EDT
[#2]
http://www.undergroundtactical.com/products/7-62-x-39-bolt-assembled.html

Works great in the 7.62 x 39 upper that I built. I also use an enhanced firing pin.

Dave
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 2:36:31 AM EDT
[#3]
I have had multiple x39 uppers from sota. All have more than 1000 rounds through them with no bolt issues. The current bolt is gtg. The first generation sota bolts had issues but new one from them are fine.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 4:38:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Most of the reviews on this board are for the ARP Superbolt and the LMT, both of which are no longer being produced. Recently I've seen some good posts on the Liberty bolt and Cason (or Carson) bolts. Those seem to be the best reviewed of the new 'superbolts', although only time will tell how they hold up. I grabbed one of the LMTs after they stopped production, but never had any issues with my stock bolt. But I have seen plenty of 7.62x39 bolts sold without carriers, so no need to purchase an assembly. i also upgraded to an enhanced firing pin when I swapped my bolt, never had any issues with commercial ammo but it did reduce my FTFs with a batch of 80's production Yugo M67 ammo.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 6:33:45 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Most of the reviews on this board are for the ARP Superbolt and the LMT, both of which are no longer being produced. Recently I've seen some good posts on the Liberty bolt and Cason (or Carson) bolts. Those seem to be the best reviewed of the new 'superbolts', although only time will tell how they hold up. I grabbed one of the LMTs after they stopped production, but never had any issues with my stock bolt. But I have seen plenty of 7.62x39 bolts sold without carriers, so no need to purchase an assembly. i also upgraded to an enhanced firing pin when I swapped my bolt, never had any issues with commercial ammo but it did reduce my FTFs with a batch of 80's production Yugo M67 ammo.
View Quote

Cason Engineering bolt in my rifle. 3000 rounds thus far. Working great.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 5:05:46 PM EDT
[#6]
great thanks everyone!
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 6:19:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Check Brownells. I only have a few hundred rounds down the tube. Brownells said it was a life time guarantee. I hope I don't need to find out.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 6:05:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Check Brownells. I only have a few hundred rounds down the tube. Brownells said it was a life time guarantee. I hope I don't need to find out.
View Quote

KRD,which bolt/carrier are you referring to? I am trying to find/decide on which bolt/carrier to get for my build also!
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 4:18:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Cason bolt with about 5500 rounds through it. No problem. still looks new. Ignites and and ejects every time.
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top