User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/23/2014 2:26:51 PM EDT

Who's first?
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 10:55:03 AM EDT
[#1]
OP no pic fail.    I'm waiting on my Vortex adapter from Gemtec so I can attach my suppressor to this baby.  
1820" barrel, captured spring, JP rings, Vortex Viper PST scope.

eta: with barrel break in I made .6" 5 shot groups at 100 yards with 175 grain Federal GMM.

eta: correct barrel length
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 12:38:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
OP no pic fail.    I'm waiting on my Vortex adapter from Gemtec so I can attach my suppressor to this baby.  
18" barrel, captured spring, JP rings, Vortex Viper PST scope.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v305/rolex/unnamed_zps85c307d7.jpg

eta: with barrel break in I made .6" 5 shot groups at 100 yards with 175 grain Federal GMM.
View Quote

Very nice!
How long from order to shipping?
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 12:52:47 PM EDT
[#3]
IIRC it was around 7-8 weeks.
Link Posted: 4/30/2014 3:25:19 PM EDT
[#4]
All your JP thread belongs to me.

Five shot cold bore group at 100 yards today.  Ammo is Federal gold Medal Match 175gr bthp.  Group was .402"
Link Posted: 4/30/2014 4:50:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Great!  Just what i needed to see.
Link Posted: 4/30/2014 5:13:14 PM EDT
[#6]
I have often wondered why these and the 223 versions dont get much attention on here.As far as i am concearned i would have a jp rifle, before  a lwrc, noveske  or whatever the latest greatest rifle is now.
Link Posted: 4/30/2014 5:45:23 PM EDT
[#7]
There are lots of nice gas guns on the market, and some that don't break the bank.  I shot a few of the big name gas guns prior to the JP, but shooting the JP sealed the deal for me.  You never see them in the OBR vs LMT vs DPMS vs Armalite, etc, etc threads or online reviews, and I'm not sure why they don't get a bid.  Suffice it to say, I am very happy with my choice and I didn't have to wait a year to get it after ordering.  
Link Posted: 5/1/2014 4:44:14 AM EDT
[#8]
I always thought it was because they are marketed more as a competition gun than a combat gun, correct?  Not to say it couldn't do both...
Link Posted: 5/1/2014 6:21:34 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I always thought it was because they are marketed more as a competition gun than a combat gun, correct?  Not to say it couldn't do both...
View Quote

It's definitely not a battle rifle or combat gun, and it's marketed as a precision rifle.  Perhaps that's why it doesn't get mentioned.  

When you put it against other precision rifles I think its performance compares very well, and the price is competitive.
Link Posted: 5/6/2014 11:55:33 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I have often wondered why these and the 223 versions dont get much attention on here.As far as i am concearned i would have a jp rifle, before  a lwrc, noveske  or whatever the latest greatest rifle is now.
View Quote

Fully agree.

I went for the PSC-12 instead.

http://www.jprifles.com/1.2.1_PSC_12.php

Have almost but JP Rifles.
Link Posted: 5/7/2014 2:50:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/7/2014 3:15:02 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

1820" barrel, captured spring, JP rings, Vortex Viper PST scope.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v305/rolex/unnamed_zps85c307d7.jpg

eta: correct barrel length
View Quote

NICE!!!  There is one accessory I really need to get for my PRS...the Monopod.

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top