Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/19/2014 4:47:07 PM EDT
I'm so stuck! I don't know what to spend my money on.

I don't get the chance very often to splurge like this and spend 3-3.5 thousand dollars on a gun but right now is one of those times. I've got plenty of AR-15's and plenty of ammo (5.56) so I don't really want another 15. I've always wanted a .308 variant AR style rifle.

I'm not interested in building on for various reasons.

I've got it narrowed down to the LWRC REPR or the LMT MWS.

What do you guys think?
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 4:49:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Get both
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 4:59:30 PM EDT
[#2]
I vote LMT.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 5:46:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Buy a Mega Maten set and have someone build it for you......
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 6:10:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I don't get the chance very often to splurge like this and spend 3-3.5 thousand dollars on a gun but right now is one of those times. I've got plenty of AR-15's and plenty of ammo (5.56) so I don't really want another 15. I've always wanted a .308 variant AR style rifle.

I've got it narrowed down to the LMT REPR or the LMT MWS.

What do you guys think?
View Quote

LWRC makes the R.E.P.R, not LMT
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 6:33:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've got it narrowed down to the LMT REPR or the LMT MWS.

What do you guys think?

Obviously a typo. I actually posted this in a hurry... I'm leaning toward the LMT more than the REPR at this point because of the price difference (only $300) and because I've never owned a piston gun before. Not sure if I want to invest that much into something I'm not familiar with.

I wish Larue didn't have such a horrible wait time on their guns. I'd buy a PredatOBR in a heartbeat.

As I said, I'm not interested in building anything.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 6:38:05 PM EDT
[#6]
LaRue Tactical OBR 7.62 16"
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 6:38:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Get both
View Quote

You planning on paying for one?

I'll even let you pay for the cheaper of the two.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 6:39:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Yep, Larue for sure in that pic.... and beat by the edit... damn
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 6:40:08 PM EDT
[#9]

That's beautiful

But I don't have anywhere near the patience to wait 1 and a half to 2 years for a gun.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 6:41:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

That's beautiful

But I don't have anywhere near the patience to wait 1 and a half to 2 years for a gun.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

That's beautiful

I just got it 2 months ago, after waiting 14 months.  They're pretty much caught up on 16" barrels....if you ordered now you'd probably have it in relatively short order.  18" and 20" not so much (at the moment).
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 6:43:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Have you checked out JP Rifle's LRP-07?  They are the cat's meow, or so I've heard.

and mine that I built on a Sun Devil receiver set.  Still haven't got to shoot the damn thing yet.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 6:47:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Have you checked out JP Rifle's LRP-07?  They are the cat's meow, or so I've heard.

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e129/odonnks/57607889fd4248b01539b59630332714_zpsc0b41a04.jpg
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7398/10316964255_41c7daa801_c.jpg

and mine that I built on a Sun Devil receiver set.  Still haven't got to shoot the damn thing yet.
http://i.imgur.com/29tYU8Z.jpg
View Quote

Interesting.

Just what I need, another rifle to research and debate on.

Awesome set up.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 8:09:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Yes, Larue...
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 8:44:05 PM EDT
[#14]
LMT MWS
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 9:00:52 PM EDT
[#15]
Why No SCAR 17?
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 9:49:05 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Why No SCAR 17?
View Quote

I wanted a SCAR for a long time but I just feel that, for the money, the LMT or LWRC would be better guns.

And now I just found this...

" />

" />

" />

" />

" />

" />

I find that extremely attractive. It's the "scythe" edition of the REPR. Has a spiral fluted barrel, geissele trigger, laser etched "reaper" logo, surefire socom brake and it's coated in a tungsten cerakote.

I just wish the barrel was longer than 14.7. I don't really mind it because I'm buying this to be more of a "battle rifle" than a precision rifle. Accuracy isn't HUGE deal to me with this gun. I have a custom built Meredith rifle in 338 lapua that I can hit 1000 with all day long.

But still, 14.7 is shorter than I wanted to go BUT, that's one sexy little beast.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 7:44:14 PM EDT
[#17]
I handled a REPR this morning.  That is one awesome piece of hardware.  No experience behind the trigger though.  I just couldn't get past the price for my level of skill and I'm done buying safe queens.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 9:56:37 PM EDT
[#18]
LMT.

That being said, I like the spiral fluted barrels on the LWRC REPRs.  They go through a good bit of work to mitigate carrier tilt with their BCGs too.

I'm just a fan of being able to drop in a 6.5C barrel in the LMT and get to 1000yds easily.

The only thing I'd change on the LMT, and I have done this for clients, is upgrade to a SSA-E FCG.

If you were to go with the LMT, you could get the 1:10 twist model and lighten the contour on that barrel and send it to ADCO to get it shortened to 14.7 and have a pinned/welded muzzle device, and also get a longer range barrel like the 260 or 6.5C and swap in for longer range work.

They're both incredible guns though.
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 3:13:05 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
LMT.

That being said, I like the spiral fluted barrels on the LWRC REPRs.  They go through a good bit of work to mitigate carrier tilt with their BCGs too.

I'm just a fan of being able to drop in a 6.5C barrel in the LMT and get to 1000yds easily.

The only thing I'd change on the LMT, and I have done this for clients, is upgrade to a SSA-E FCG.

If you were to go with the LMT, you could get the 1:10 twist model and lighten the contour on that barrel and send it to ADCO to get it shortened to 14.7 and have a pinned/welded muzzle device, and also get a longer range barrel like the 260 or 6.5C and swap in for longer range work.

They're both incredible guns though.
View Quote

Thanks for the input.

I'm really leaning more toward the REPR but every time I go back and look at the LMT it just gets me bumfuzzled all over again.

I do really like the idea of being able to swap out the barrels so easily with the LMT.

I'm also really on the fence about what length REPR to get as well... that "scythe" edition is awesome, already comes with a Geissele trigger and Surefire brake (two upgrades that I would make to the rifle once I get it) and I love tungsten cerakote. I've always wanted a rifle in the color cerakote. But 14.7 is just so short for a .308.

Such decisions... poor me, I have to choose between buying a LMT MWS or a LWRC REPR... I wouldn't wish this on anyone.
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 4:41:49 PM EDT
[#20]
KAC SR-25 EC
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 10:20:37 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
KAC SR-25 EC
View Quote

Nice but too expensive.
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 10:51:29 PM EDT
[#22]
No love for LaRue?

I built my own, fyi.  Bought, it would have been veeeeerrrryyy expensive.  I used match grade parts and made it affordable
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 6:05:54 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
No love for LaRue?

I built my own, fyi.  Bought, it would have been veeeeerrrryyy expensive.  I used match grade parts and made it affordable
View Quote

He has rifles?
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 3:02:59 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
No love for LaRue?

View Quote

As I've stated numerous times, I love Larue and it would be my first choice (A PredatOBR in 7.62 with an 18inch barrel) but I refuse to wait over a year for a rifle. Especially when I have a spending limit on my card, don't know when the money will come out of my account and I have a tight budget.

For those reasons I will never own a Larue. It's just too hard to acquire one.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 4:16:54 PM EDT
[#25]
The Lwrc Repr is beautiful, I really like the color.  I bought a Pof p308 recently which is awesome but if I had the extra money I would have bought a Repr.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 4:24:28 PM EDT
[#26]
I posted the below comments for a guy who had the same thread as you only he was looking at a GAP 10:

Rhino Arms VV-308. It has an 18" barrel.

I went to SHOT show this year for the sole purpose of deciding on an AR-10 system.

I talked/held them all: POF, GAP 10 (would be my top choice but too heavy), LMT, LWRC, Sig, CMMG. No Larue. None were there.

I went with Rhino for Accuracy. Availability. Weight. Plus they are local (MO) and they let me tour the factory.

They just updated the configuration of their hand guards to a KeyMod system in either carbon fiber or aluminum. Cerakote is an option too.

Billet 7075-T6 upper & lower. Precision machined trigger group. Nickel Boron coated machined BCG. 1/10 twist Chrome Moly Vanadium match barrel with salt bath nitride. Direct Gas Impingement. Adjustable gas block.

$3k MSRP.

I love this rifle.

Sorry I can't hotlink: www.rhinoarms.com

Link Posted: 4/22/2014 6:22:43 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Get both
View Quote

Thats what I did and I'm glad I did it. Both are amazing weapons with superior fit and finish. A year ago I ordered a Larue OBR and probably will be waiting for another year. Larue owners swear the wait is worth it. We will see.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 6:26:33 PM EDT
[#28]
LMT.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 8:39:49 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Thats what I did and I'm glad I did it. Both are amazing weapons with superior fit and finish. A year ago I ordered a Larue OBR and probably will be waiting for another year. Larue owners swear the wait is worth it. We will see.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Get both

I'm sure the wait is probably worth it once it's in your hands. I'm willing the fit and finish is fantastic but after handling a REPR for the first time today, finally, I think I'm officially sold. I can't imagine any gun having a better fit and finish that the LWRC. That being said, for $3800 it should be as good as it gets.

The LMT is fantastic as well and I have to stay away from it because every time I see a pic or look or watch a video I get sucked right back to the middle of not being able to decide which gun to buy. I guess I'll just have to wait until 2015 or so and get the LMT as well.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 11:56:18 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I posted the below comments for a guy who had the same thread as you only he was looking at a GAP 10:

Rhino Arms VV-308. It has an 18" barrel.

I went to SHOT show this year for the sole purpose of deciding on an AR-10 system.

I talked/held them all: POF, GAP 10 (would be my top choice but too heavy), LMT, LWRC, Sig, CMMG. No Larue. None were there.

I went with Rhino for Accuracy. Availability. Weight. Plus they are local (MO) and they let me tour the factory.

They just updated the configuration of their hand guards to a KeyMod system in either carbon fiber or aluminum. Cerakote is an option too.

Billet 7075-T6 upper & lower. Precision machined trigger group. Nickel Boron coated machined BCG. 1/10 twist Chrome Moly Vanadium match barrel with salt bath nitride. Direct Gas Impingement. Adjustable gas block.

$3k MSRP.

I love this rifle.

Sorry I can't hotlink: www.rhinoarms.com

View Quote

Thanks, never heard of them.

Checking them out right now.

I'll be ordering something in the next hour.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 12:52:21 AM EDT
[#31]
WHEW!!

I did it. I bought the LWRC REPR with the 14.7 barrel, tungsten cerakote, geissele trigger and surefire muzzle brake.

$3,800.00 just left my bank account and I couldn't be happier.

I'll update with pictures when I pick it up from my FFL and I get back in to town from work, May 12th.

Very happy to get one of these, found out that they only made 50 of them.
Link Posted: 5/2/2014 3:31:02 PM EDT
[#32]
Got the gun in. What a spectacular use of $3800. Shoots like sex and gunpowder.

" />

" />

" />

" />

" />

" />

" />

" />

" />

" />

" />

" />

" />

Link Posted: 5/3/2014 11:30:53 AM EDT
[#33]
I'm not a fan of side charging ARs....but DAMN that is a FINE, FINE FINE, FIIIINNNNNE looking gun you got there!!!!

Link Posted: 5/3/2014 11:32:13 AM EDT
[#34]
Ya know what?  Let me say it one more time....DAAAAAAMMMNNNNN!!!!!

Link Posted: 5/3/2014 9:47:55 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Ya know what?  Let me say it one more time....DAAAAAAMMMNNNNN!!!!!

View Quote

Lol, thanks. I've never owned a side charger before but I have to say... I love it. I've even been thinking about getting a young national match BCG with the side charger for my .223/5.56's after this but I doubt I will.

What makes this one so good is how buttery smooth and slick it operates. And it's non-reciprocating. Which is the prime reason why I don't want a SCAR (the reciprocating handle).
Link Posted: 5/3/2014 10:05:26 PM EDT
[#36]
LaRue make's some of the best "Off The Shelf" guns for the price. If you aren't looking to add on to it, this would be my first choice.

http://www.laruetactical.com/18”-larue-tactical-predatar-762
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top