Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/19/2014 9:31:15 AM EDT
I just saw many threads complaining about the DPMS .308 failing to extract, and to eject.

It seems that a number of people only needed a new barrel or to have the barrel redone.

Would a new barrel from a different company, almost certainly fix the issue?
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 10:01:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Bump
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 2:44:44 AM EDT
[#2]
From what I've read, most problems with feeding go away after shooting the rifle 100 or so rounds... and it's stressed that PLENTY of lube on the BCG is required for initial break in.  I can't remember his screen name, but one member here never could get his to run right.

My personal experience mirrors what I've read.  I bought a NIB DPMS LR-65 (6.5 Creedmoor) and for the first 30-40 rounds, it was a single shot rifle.  After HEAVY lube on the BCG, the next 40-50 rounds resulted in about 5 FTE's, last time out, again with HEAVY lube, the 30-40 rounds I fired functioned fine,  All I use is hand loads by the way.

I'm sure there will be various opinions and comments reference this... but I'm very happy with my LR-65... others I realize have not had it so easy... me, I'd buy another.

Link Posted: 4/20/2014 5:23:49 AM EDT
[#3]
I believe DPMS chambers to be on the tight side as well as needing breaking in. As said above lube the snot out of it and run hard for a 100 or so rounds. The LR 308 I had ran without a hitch after that and I realized you have to be very fussy with your reloads and sizing. Run good factory ammo for the first couple boxes. DONT BABY IT! Do a mag dump or two.

AL
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 7:42:30 AM EDT
[#4]
That is NOT cool...
I want an LR-308, but I need it to be extremely reliable.

Thanks for the info, gents.
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 6:35:45 AM EDT
[#5]
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top