Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/6/2013 9:00:31 AM EDT
I have a line on a pretty good looking DPMS 308 for $999. Has less than 50 rounds through it and apparently the owner traded it (with cash) for a HK MR308. Looks to have a troy rail and muzzle break along with a SOPMOD/CTR stock on it. I'm sure I will get a couple of people saying don't do it, but I'm simply trying to see if this is a good price for this particular gun. I attached a picture. Thanks guys!

" />
Link Posted: 10/6/2013 9:28:39 AM EDT
[#1]
For $1000 thats not a bad deal.
Link Posted: 10/6/2013 10:00:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Looks like a good deal to me. I'd buy it.
Link Posted: 10/6/2013 10:17:15 AM EDT
[#3]
I'll buy it!
Link Posted: 10/6/2013 10:24:52 AM EDT
[#4]
in day's environ you would be hard pressed to piece one together for that - especially w/that furniture and rail. i'd pounce on it.
Link Posted: 10/6/2013 10:29:12 AM EDT
[#5]
I've already emailed the dealer asking if he can take my cc number and deposit through email. He used to be my LGS and i've bought a couple guns from his before but I've relocated about 3 hrs away. But i'll be down his way in two weeks. Hopefully he'll agree.
Link Posted: 10/6/2013 2:01:48 PM EDT
[#6]
With $400 in upgraded parts, I wouldn't hesitate.
Link Posted: 10/6/2013 2:51:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
...along with a SOPMOD/CTR stock on it.
View Quote

It's a Magpul STR: http://store.magpul.com/product/MAG470/180

Damn good stock with great cheek weld courtesy of the storage compartments. I have two of the STR's and could not be happier them.
Link Posted: 10/6/2013 2:57:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Damn good stock with great cheek weld courtesy of the storage compartments. I have two of the STR's and could not be happier them.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
...along with a SOPMOD/CTR stock on it.

Yup, you're right, I just noticed it was the STR when looking up the PRS stock. I'll probably just end up selling the STR and my extra MOE stock and get the PRS.
Link Posted: 10/7/2013 1:28:59 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:Has less than 50 rounds through it
View Quote
as does every other gun on the used market. Don't get me wrong, I have had plenty of luck with used guns, but I've learned that round counts are always part of a sales pitch.
Link Posted: 10/7/2013 5:30:52 AM EDT
[#10]
Snatch it up, Gunny! Put a good 1x5 or 6 optic on it and let us know. The "experts" always pooh-pooh the 308 DPMS, but I have one, a POF 308, and a Knight's SR25. The DPMS is as good as either.
Semper Fi, 1978/1982
Link Posted: 10/7/2013 6:29:57 AM EDT
[#11]
$999 is what the local shop had them on sale for a few months back.

With the extras that come with it, I don't think you could go wrong.
Link Posted: 10/7/2013 7:29:18 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
as does every other gun on the used market. Don't get me wrong, I have had plenty of luck with used guns, but I've learned that round counts are always part of a sales pitch.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:Has less than 50 rounds through it

I usually completely agree, but I spoke to the gun store this morning and it turns out, the guy that answered the phone is who's gun it was. He told me a little of the back story. He bought this new in January from the gun store and also ordered a HK417. He shot exactly 30 rounds of Hornady Match out of it, tossed the commercial tube for a milspec one. Added a STR stock, Troy Alpha Rail and a AAC Flash suppressor. Last week, his HK came in and he listed it for sale. He said he personally guarantees the gun and the only reason he is selling it is because he doesn't want another gun laying around. The store is very reputable and I've been going there for a couple years so I'm trusting him. It might bite me in the ass, but I'm betting it won't.
Link Posted: 10/7/2013 2:43:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Since he added the parts, see if the originals can go with the rifle.  You cannot lose with this deal, unless you lived in NY
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Top Top