Page / 9
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 2:38:35 AM EDT
[#1]

Link Posted: 5/3/2015 10:13:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/11/2015 10:04:55 PM EDT
[#3]
So the Honey Badger concept has officially taken me. Following Sig's MCX/LVAW concept has me really digging the idea of meshing a subsonic giant pill slinging rifle in a very compact package. I've stayed away from .300 BLK for some time but this may make me take the plunge and get me into reloading at the same time.

Question: How short can we go on the barrel? Has anybody gone 6 to 6.5"?

Link Posted: 5/11/2015 10:35:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

What stock?  How much?
Link Posted: 5/11/2015 10:41:17 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
What stock?  How much?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I believe that's an AAC one off. It's certainly the best looking I've ever seen.
Link Posted: 5/12/2015 10:38:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I believe that's an AAC one off. It's certainly the best looking I've ever seen.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Looks to be the Troy M7A1 stock
Link Posted: 5/12/2015 11:43:05 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't think so. Troy, NEA, and MVB all have the same basic looking design. The HB uses a cleaner, sleeker integrated setup.

Link Posted: 5/12/2015 1:22:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
So the Honey Badger concept has officially taken me. Following Sig's MCX/LVAW concept has me really digging the idea of meshing a subsonic giant pill slinging rifle in a very compact package. I've stayed away from .300 BLK for some time but this may make me take the plunge and get me into reloading at the same time.

View Quote

I'm no expert but I would hate to see your question go unanswered.

I know internet opinions are like assholes...mostly full of shit....but there are  reports of successful 300 blackout SBR builds with 6-6.5" barrels a DI gas system. The honey badger for example was one of those, albeit it slightly bit of vaporware. My point here is that you should be able to find some data out there for building a DI 300BLK on that system. I know that most of the data I saw when thinking about going the 6" route was that it might be necessary to really devote some time to load development to get it to run reliably. I wasn't sure if I was even going to like the platform at the time so I went with an 8.5" barreled upper. You can easily find 7.5" barrels and typically I did not see the same criticisms of them being unreliable with a wide variety of loads.

FWIW I'm currently kicking around running a 7.5" with a 6" can. For me, if this will run reliably then that is more important to me than the 1" of barrel length. Also for full disclosure I'm waiting until my solvent trap tube shows up to make the final determination. I might be ok with just the shorter 6" dedicated can.
Link Posted: 5/12/2015 2:35:02 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

I know internet opinions are like assholes...mostly full of shit....but there are  reports of successful 300 blackout SBR builds with 6-6.5" barrels a DI gas system. The honey badger for example was one of those, albeit it slightly bit of vaporware. My point here is that you should be able to find some data out there for building a DI 300BLK on that system. I know that most of the data I saw when thinking about going the 6" route was that it might be necessary to really devote some time to load development to get it to run reliably. I wasn't sure if I was even going to like the platform at the time so I went with an 8.5" barreled upper. You can easily find 7.5" barrels and typically I did not see the same criticisms of them being unreliable with a wide variety of loads.

FWIW I'm currently kicking around running a 7.5" with a 6" can. For me, if this will run reliably then that is more important to me than the 1" of barrel length. Also for full disclosure I'm waiting until my solvent trap tube shows up to make the final determination. I might be ok with just the shorter 6" dedicated can.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

My build would probably run subs exclusively and always suppressed. I'd also like to go as short as possible but obviously sacrificing reliability for 1/ to 2" is not worthwhile as you mention. Thanks for the feedback.
Link Posted: 5/12/2015 3:03:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I don't think so. Troy, NEA, and MVB all have the same basic looking design. The HB uses a cleaner, sleeker integrated setup.

http://files.harrispublications.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/8/2011/11/aac-honey-badger-b.jpg

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/zysedyre-660x366.jpg

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://files.harrispublications.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/8/2011/11/aac-honey-badger-b.jpg

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/zysedyre-660x366.jpg

It's definitely the AAC stock
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 11:07:46 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 11:11:52 AM EDT
[#12]

Stocks like these are begging for a side/forward charging handle, and a Kydex cheek rest attached to the butt to fill the gap when extended.
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 5:24:59 AM EDT
[#13]
OMFG I'm in love with these.

Not an AR-15, but this stock is so good, yes I've tried it.

It's made by Swiss B&T for their APC-9.
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 5:19:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

http://i.imgur.com/fXjzaeJ.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/6BPHoTN.jpg

View Quote

You damn Swiss have some pretty cool toys we dont.
Link Posted: 6/13/2015 12:30:46 AM EDT
[#15]
Not sure if this has been posted, but RainerArms has a nice price on NEA stocks.

http://www.rainierarms.com/nea-compact-carbine-stock-ccs
Link Posted: 6/13/2015 12:31:59 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

http://i.imgur.com/fXjzaeJ.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/6BPHoTN.jpg

View Quote

That's just showing off!  
Link Posted: 6/16/2015 4:42:45 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
You damn Swiss have some pretty cool toys we dont.
View Quote

True, but B&T should now be available in the USA as well. Perhaps not in all shapes and forms, but still.

The grass is always greener on the other side, hence why I increased the green in Photoshop
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 10:55:37 AM EDT
[#18]
BADGER BADGER BADGER!   Woohooo! New CMT Tactical  UHP15PDW Integrated Lower System!   Shout out to the fine folks at Rainier Arms for the fast shipping.
Time to form 1!

Shows 1lb 13.8 ounces without FCG and other lower parts.

Link Posted: 7/7/2015 2:31:30 PM EDT
[#19]
noticed this in my feed..  6.25 blackout barrel

link
Link Posted: 7/18/2015 10:12:44 AM EDT
[#20]
SIZE MATTERS

Link Posted: 7/22/2015 8:57:08 PM EDT
[#21]
I made a 5.0" in 300 BLK as a prototype last year. Only tried it with an AAC 762sd-n-6, ran well and wasn't over gassed, but I doubt it would have run without the can.

https://youtu.be/HnUMToe8CGw
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 11:54:54 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I made a 5.0" in 300 BLK as a prototype last year. Only tried it with an AAC 762sd-n-6, ran well and wasn't over gassed, but I doubt it would have run without the can.

https://youtu.be/HnUMToe8CGw
View Quote

I remember seeing that video and wondering who did it. Nice job man.
Page / 9
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top