Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/31/2012 4:32:34 PM EDT
Im going to be doing an 80% dpms style lower without a jig and i can't find a blueprint.  Ive found several online but they are all armalite style (i think).   Does anyone have a dpms style blueprint?
Link Posted: 12/31/2012 4:51:11 PM EDT
[#1]
You might want to ask here:

AR VARIANTS

Since this is the AR-10 forum.
Link Posted: 12/31/2012 4:58:57 PM EDT
[#2]
oops,  i didn't read the title of the forum clearly enough.  Can a mod move this for me?  Or should i just repost it?  I don't want to go cluttering up the boards
Link Posted: 1/1/2013 2:57:40 AM EDT
[#3]
The dimensions should all be the same and in the same relation to the other features on the lowers since the Armalite upper can be made to fit and function on the DPMS lower.
Link Posted: 1/1/2013 9:13:39 AM EDT
[#4]
i have come to the same conclusion.  The trigger group should be identical and identical to an ar15.  Since they all use the same parts.  The only difference ive found on an armalite and dpms lower is in the magwell and the difference in loos around the buffer extension.    I figure that the trigger group should be identical in relation to the takedown pins, so that is where im going to be starting my layout from
Link Posted: 1/2/2013 4:59:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Topic Moved
Link Posted: 1/9/2013 12:04:09 PM EDT
[#6]
well they appear not to be the same.  I overlapped armalite and dpms receivers and everything seems to be shifted about an 1/8th inch in relation to the take down pins.

http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/7353/overlappedcopy.jpg

looks like i really do need to find a set of bluerprints
Link Posted: 1/9/2013 12:20:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Im going to be doing an 80% dpms style lower without a jig and i can't find a blueprint.  Ive found several online but they are all armalite style (i think).   Does anyone have a dpms style blueprint?

Here is the web link:

http://illirianengineeringc.ipage.com/products-and-service-info.html

Good Luck.
Link Posted: 1/9/2013 6:03:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
well they appear not to be the same.  I overlapped armalite and dpms receivers and everything seems to be shifted about an 1/8th inch in relation to the take down pins.

http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/7353/overlappedcopy.jpg

Probably due to the angled mag on the Armalite.

BTW, the pins on the POF receiver are AR15 diameter, not the larger size used by Armalite or DPMS
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top