Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/1/2012 4:54:10 AM EDT
I'm getting my list of parts together for a .458 SOCOM build and I need help researching who builds the best .458 SOCOM BOLTS?

I would also appreciate any opinions/personal experiences on the subject!

Thanks in advance!
Link Posted: 4/1/2012 5:13:54 AM EDT
[#1]
I suggest going to 458socomforums.com    that will help..

Link Posted: 4/1/2012 5:17:00 AM EDT
[#2]
SBR Ammunition right now is the only source I believe.

Wilson Combat made an Announcement that they will be producing uppers, barrels, bolts, etc. At the end of April early May.

I'm waiting on a Wilson Barrel and Bolt personally.
Link Posted: 4/1/2012 6:47:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Whoever makes the so-called 'best' 5.56 bolt makes the 'best' .458 SOCOM bolts.  All .458 SOCOM bolts are 5.56 bolts with the face opened up and the extractor reshaped.  As to off the shelf .458 SOCOM bolts (thank you for the correction, that is exactly what I meant), SBR is the only game right now but Wilson will be coming on line soon.  Even they just alter 5.56 bolts if I understand it correctly.
If you really want a fancy-dan SOCOM bolt, get ARPs 6mm BR Super Bolt and barrel extension combo, but you must use their bolt with their barrel extension, then finding someone to use their bolt and barrel extension on your barrel blank to make your .458 SOCOM barrel is going to be the real trick.
Link Posted: 4/1/2012 8:05:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
As to off the shelf 5.56 bolts. SBR is the only game right now but Wilson will be coming on line soon.

Big-Bore meant to say off the shelf 458 bolt.

And to add to his 6mm bolt idea. you can also get away with 450 Bushmaster bolts too. However, I'm pretty sure Buddy at SBR told be that the extractors arent shaped correctly for the 458 but the will work in a pinch.
Link Posted: 4/1/2012 8:39:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks to everyone for comments you've given me information I didn't havve before.

Not looking for any thing "fancy" or to "talk"  about. nor for "pinches" that's why I asked, I want to get what works first time everytime, and in the end be and remain reliable, and durable.

Thanks again for your input I'm still learning and still have much to learn!
Link Posted: 4/1/2012 2:02:41 PM EDT
[#6]
The 450 Bushmaster bolt just needs the 2 forward points and a little off the curve to work and not put marks on the brass rim.  SBR has a nice extractor on the bolt, so its pricing whether to get bolt,or BCG, ect.    Don't waist your time ordering a RRA, you may never get it and @ $160 for a bolt.
Link Posted: 4/1/2012 7:34:55 PM EDT
[#7]
SBR AMMO HAS THEM IN STOCK
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top