Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/15/2017 1:32:03 PM EDT
I am looking for a thick ar handguard... the thicker the better. One that is still in production... Any suggestions?
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 1:37:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Thick as in I.D? Seekins MSCR is 1.8" ID.
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 2:59:58 PM EDT
[#2]
If you mean standard handguards, PSA has some that is larger in outer diameter than standard. I know they have them in mid length, not sure about carbine.
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 3:04:02 PM EDT
[#3]
aero m4e1 is pretty big at 1.72" ID. i've got an osprey defense piston kit under mine, with ample clearance. it has the added benefit on mounting directly to their upper receiver
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 3:05:31 PM EDT
[#4]
i have a heads down on one of my builds and its quite thick. if you mean normal handguards i probably have some laying around
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 3:12:45 PM EDT
[#5]
I have some pretty thick ones that came off of M4 style guns.
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 10:22:43 AM EDT
[#6]
DPMS Glacier hand guards are M4 size and the thickest out there. Reinforced ribs internally and very robust.
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 10:32:50 AM EDT
[#7]
YHM original profile quad rail...  Add some rail covers for even more girth.

Non-quad:
POF/Bushmaster Predator rail with the monolithic top rails
CoolTubz Operator is pretty fat (light)
RRA Half-Quad (heavy)
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 1:30:04 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
i have a heads down on one of my builds and its quite thick. if you mean normal handguards i probably have some laying around
View Quote
I love my Heads Down rail, as stated before it's very thick. I picked it up a couple years ago on sale for like $50 or so.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top