Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/5/2017 11:18:16 AM EDT
I have the Magpul .070 pad on a CTR stock for a 308 AR, and I'm wondering if I'd get any more benefit out of the Limbsaver for CTR/MOE/ACS... pad. Has anyone tried both?
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 11:25:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Tried the Magpul for the wife and she still bruised and flared her Fibromyalgia... the limbsaver allows her to shoot all day long. I don't think the limbsaver is as rugged but it is definitely softer on the shoulder and skin
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 12:32:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Limbsaver did wonders to tame my 30-06 Rem 740, thing was painful to shoot, worked great on my 300wsm and couple shotguns.  Wouldn't hesitate to buy one for an AR if needed, they also have really good customer service as I found out with one pad that sort of melted and they replaced no questions asked, likely a bad batch of rubber.
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 1:10:24 PM EDT
[#3]
I also went from the magpul enhanced pad to a limbsaver on my LMT MWS, and it is much more comfortable to shoot on long days at the range.

Link Posted: 8/5/2017 3:04:51 PM EDT
[#4]
I run the limbsaver pad made to fit the CTR stock on my pump shotgun and it blows away the rubber pads
Link Posted: 8/6/2017 9:31:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Looks like its thumbs up for the Limbsaver. CTR pads inbound. Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 12:50:30 AM EDT
[#6]
Well, you guys did it again. I have the Magpul enhanced butt-pad (0.70"), but I picked up a limbsaver just because of this thread. One thing I noticed is that the fit isn't anywhere near as good as the Magpul's, which  IMO is a considerable disappointment. I haven't taken it to the range yet, but if it performs like my other limbsavers, then it will not be a disappointment performance wise.
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 7:08:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Does the limbsaver fit Daniel Defense sticks?
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 4:55:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Does the limbsaver fit Daniel Defense sticks?
View Quote
They have a variant that rubber-envelops "most" flat butted adjustable stocks (as opposed to screwing on the Magpuls).
AR Slipover pad
Dunno if it specifically fits the DD.
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 9:17:50 PM EDT
[#9]
With the exception of the pad on the PRS, Magpul's rubber butt pads are almost as hard as the plastic stock IMO.
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 10:38:29 PM EDT
[#10]
If you can get a Limbsaver that is factory fit, they are great. If you have to grind to fit, they are the debbil! 
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 2:32:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

They have a variant that rubber-envelops "most" flat butted adjustable stocks (as opposed to screwing on the Magpuls).
AR Slipover pad
Dunno if it specifically fits the DD.
View Quote
Update:

So the Limbsaver for the CTR showed up- the pad assembly (pad and backer plate) is nearly the same thickness of the Magpul Enhanced pad (0.70), but definitely softer.

The installed pad on my CTR, with a RISR (sure wish RISRs worked on LarRue's own RAT stocks):

I ordered a Slipover pad as well. One thing I can report is that it definitely does not fit the LaRue RAT stock (or a MagPul):

But it did fit a cheap DPMS type I had in the parts bin.  There needs to be a groove/relief at the top of the stock at the joint of the buffer tube sleeve and the shoulder plate, or it will NOT work- also, any existing rubber pad will need to be removed.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top