Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/3/2017 9:29:17 AM EDT
I came across THESE today while looking for a charging handle for a new build. I dont own any charging handles of this style. Does anyone have one of these? Legit or junk? Thoughts? Says it ships from US but I suspect asain knock off. Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/3/2017 10:37:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/3/2017 10:42:51 AM EDT
[#2]
white knight has the real thing for $85 with free shipping, fyi
Link Posted: 8/3/2017 11:17:54 AM EDT
[#3]
They are junk.

I bought one on ebay and only the side with the latch worked.

I sent it back.

Don't waste your money.
Link Posted: 8/3/2017 11:34:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Says it ships "TO U.S.".

From land of cheap knock off shit China, most likely.

Personally, I'd spend my $ on quality.
View Quote
Under description it states "Shipped from US". I understand that "shipped from" and "made in" are clearly not the same and it's probably China junk. I was more so curious if anyone had actual personal experience. Thank you for your input thought!
Link Posted: 8/3/2017 11:35:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
They are junk.

I bought one on ebay and only the side with the latch worked.

I sent it back.

Don't waste your money.
View Quote
Thank you sir for your input!
Link Posted: 8/3/2017 11:39:53 AM EDT
[#6]
or spend 45$ on a BCM....
Link Posted: 8/3/2017 12:42:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/3/2017 1:01:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Just buy the real thing, you'll be a lot happier in the long run.
Link Posted: 8/3/2017 1:12:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Radian is releasing a Poly Handled version of the raptor and it's something like 55 bucks at brownells.
Link Posted: 8/3/2017 1:13:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
http://imageshack.com/a/img922/9982/d1Rqqv.png

You must see something different?
View Quote
Yes, above that, directly under the price is the description. In the description it says "ships from US". Contradiction within the ad, even more reason not to order.
Link Posted: 8/3/2017 1:14:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Just buy the real thing, you'll be a lot happier in the long run.
View Quote
Im buying a NIB AXTS from the EE for $65
Link Posted: 8/3/2017 1:20:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/3/2017 3:47:09 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Im buying a NIB AXTS from the EE for $65
View Quote
Excellent.
Link Posted: 8/3/2017 11:33:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I came across THESE today while looking for a charging handle for a new build. I dont own any charging handles of this style. Does anyone have one of these? Legit or junk? Thoughts? Says it ships from US but I suspect asain knock off. Thanks!
View Quote

That's a knock off, and a very poor one at that. The "in your face" tell tale sign on that one is the obvious roll pins used for the latches. (Real) Raptors do not use roll pins, they use COIL spring/pins.
Also, with ebay and others, "US SHIPPER" is stated not to elude that it's US made... it's to assure you it won't take 4 weeks to get to you (as is commonly the case for China stuff, from China), as it's ALREADY "in" the US (but not US made).

BTW, there are also very CLOSE fakes of the Raptor that even use coil pins. The next thing to look at the latch hook (the portion that locks onto the receiver). Raptors have a curved inside "hook", fakes have a flat inner then the hook. That curve adds cost that the knockoff's are not willing to do. The third thing to look for uneven "serrating" on the handles. Raptor's have beautiful machine work (they're a work of art)... the knockoff's have crude, rough, sharp (genuine Raptors have squared off serrations) and uneven serration.
Hope this helps in your quest.
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 5:50:08 AM EDT
[#15]
Yea I don't use Wish
Link Posted: 8/8/2017 3:18:44 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Radian is releasing a Poly Handled version of the raptor and it's something like 55 bucks at brownells.
View Quote
I hate you for emptying my wallet.  

Link to Brownells
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 12:26:07 AM EDT
[#17]
Don't get why people always buy cheap knockoff crap. I mean how hard is it to save up $50.00-$80.00?

Recycle cans or sell some unwanted junk to make extra cash. Don't go throwing away good hard earned money on cheap shit.

Also you get to buy an American made product when you buy the real deal.
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 12:58:38 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Don't get why people always buy cheap knockoff crap. I mean how hard is it to save up $50.00-$80.00?

Recycle cans or sell some unwanted junk to make extra cash. Don't go throwing away good hard earned money on cheap shit.

Also you get to buy an American made product when you buy the real deal.
View Quote
Who bought cheap knock off crap? Im the king of buy once, cry once and I purchased the real thing. I was just curious if anyone had experience with one of the knock offs so I could get feedback on the differences between real and fake. I buy American made products as much as possible but when it comes to hard earned money its all about value. Some things in life can be produced at the same quality for a better value.. Besides that I work 90 hrs a week and don't have time to collect cans
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 1:40:56 AM EDT
[#19]
Look harder and you can find shit quality Chinese knockoffs for $14 each. And I'm sure you could get a qty price even lower.

This one is on a iffy (at best) website at a price that's less than half of a real one. You know it's a knock-off. You know it's from China. You know it is violating the Raptor patent. So are you cheap (and don't care if your shit works) or are you selling them? Or do you really believe in something for nothing?
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 2:29:54 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Look harder and you can find shit quality Chinese knockoffs for $14 each. And I'm sure you could get a qty price even lower.

This one is on a iffy (at best) website at a price that's less than half of a real one. You know it's a knock-off. You know it's from China. You know it is violating the Raptor patent. So are you cheap (and don't care if your shit works) or are you selling them? Or do you really believe in something for nothing?
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 10:15:38 AM EDT
[#21]
FWIW I have several genuine Raptor handles and a few years ago at a local gun show I found a vendor selling no name Raptor clone handles for $30.

Although all parts were parkerized which made the latch operation gritty it functioned just as my Raptors, true ambi. Some CLP and use and it's as smooth as my Raptors.

I've seen a few clones on the web but they're running about half the cost of a real Raptor. But they're not all as well made as my clone based on reviews. And with the Geissele Super on the market now (also an great handle) Raptors have been selling for less. So if I can't hold it in my hand and inspect it I'm not gambling.

If you want a nice extended latch for $30 Strike Industries is a nice unit. Not ambi, but well made.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top