Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/26/2017 11:46:32 AM EDT
Good afternoon:

This topic has been one that I have been researching the best that I can in regards to triggers. The more I read, the more I am narrowing it down, but I want to make sure that what I am seeing is right and what I am thinking is gtg.

First, I have never used a two stage trigger. FWIW the only trigger I have ever used is the Mil-spec that came with my ar556. I am getting the Radical Firearms for a heavier caliber and so I am looking at the triggers. 

Second, I have never purchased a drop it trigger. My blackout is going to be my HD/SD gun, so as far as precision, I want it to be precise, but I am not really looking for world records or anything like that. I am looking for something that is going to hit where I aim and do so with the desired effects that I want. I will be using a scope.

Now, I have been looking at several different segments in the archived files (which I did some searching on the web to find). Please forgive me for bringing this all up as I really want to know if my choices are gtg.

1. In the topic dealing with 300 blackout trigger that I found on this site, there was a lot of discussion about the Geissele. It was recommended here to either go with the SSA-E, SSA, G2S or the ALG ACT. Others of course were mentioned in there and I started by leaning toward the G2S because that was what I could afford. However, if there is a great difference between the -e and the other, I will save up longer. 

2. In this topic regarding the test between the SSA vs G2S, it seems that these both are about the same as far as cost and quality. Yet, I wasn't sure if I really should have a 2 stage on a rifle for this setup. I watched a video that someone posted dealing with trigger options from Mr. Geissele. I could see the benefit from the G2S but then I am confused with the SSA. 

3. However, I ran across this! Now I have the Larue MBT and from what I have been reading it also seems to be between the SSA and the SSA-E! I like the price point (allows me to actually afford it quicker) but if it, for some reason, is not good for a HD/SD set up for the 300 blackout, I am not wanting to waste money. So I went out and started to read reviews and found that even on this site, Mr. Larue has compiled it for me here.

4. But upon my further study, I now ran across the POF single stage 4.5 lb drop in trigger! I have tried to do some searching on that, but it seems to be a sleeper. Maybe I am not looking in the right place.

So I am narrowing it down, at this point, to the MBT, SSA (SSA-E if it won't have an issue with the blackout) or the G2S for my HD/SD. Again, if there is a reason for this purpose to not go to a two stage please let me know. I have never fired a two stage and I don't even know what to look for regarding them. 

Sorry for the long post, the repetitive nature of this post as well as all the links. I just want to be informed before I spend money and make a wise investment.  I guess I also want to find out , on a HD/SD designated gun, should I go to a 2 stage or stick to a single stage?
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 9:25:33 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm no trigger expert but for a SD gun take a look at the Hiperfire EDT series triggers. They were designed for SD and LE guns. I have a couple of them in a couple of my builds.

Rudy
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 7:58:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm no trigger expert but for a SD gun take a look at the Hiperfire EDT series triggers. They were designed for SD and LE guns. I have a couple of them in a couple of my builds.

Rudy
View Quote
I am intrigued. I have never heard of them, but they look good. Do you have the original, 2 or 3? My concern for the original is that it only works with U.S. primers which normally wouldn't be a problem, but I am going to have a mix of reloaded as well as factory and I don't know which primers they are using directly. I am wondering if I am best served by going to either the 2 or the 3? I am wondering your thoughts since you have them. Thank you for your response to this. 

Also, for anyone who has experience, I have just seen that POF has a 4.5 lb drop in trigger. POF makes a good product, but how are there triggers? Decent or avoid? Thanks. 
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 9:29:43 PM EDT
[#3]
You are overthinking an easy issue.

For a SD gun, you want a single stage, 4-5lb trigger. If you've got good trigger discipline, a 3.5 is great, but a ND is a real possibility under stress.

POF, JMT, RA and others all make great triggers. Geissles are overrated IMHO.
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 1:06:08 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm happy with Hiperfire EDT in my guns. I have the plain EDT. From what I understand, the EDT2 and 3 will also work in AR10's which is not really relevant to me. I also have a couple of their higher end Hiperfire 24 series triggers. They are my favorite triggers. But for an SD gun, the EDT series were designed exactly for that. They are garanteed not to drop below 4.5lb pull even when worn in as thats apparently what LE specifies. They also do not sacrifice hammer energy for the sake of lighter pull. They claim the small grooved area in the bottom helps clear debris which reduces the likelihood of the trigger jamming. All sounds good to me. They have several videos on youtube helping explain their triggers. I would recommend checking those out, they're well worthwhile.

Rudy
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top