Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/25/2017 7:34:19 PM EDT
Anyone use the new Timney 2 stage yet?  I am leaning towards the Blue for longer ranges. The only other trigger I am considering is the G2S. I can't seem to find any comparison between the 2.  Both triggers have great reviews.

I know the "which trigger is better" question has been beaten to death but I am talking about 2 specific triggers.  I know the Targa are fairly new but I am hoping someone has shot those and a G2S to compare.  

(I am not interested in anything over $190 so suggesting the more expensive Geissele will just fall on deaf ears.  I am not a competitor and think spending over $100 on a few tiny bits of metal is robbery.  I am also NOT willing to save a little more for the $200++ Geissele trigger because I would rather spend that money on something else, something like the SSA is just way more than I need.  Even the Targa and the G2S are more than I really need.  I was considering the RRA 2 stage but I am betting the G2S and the Targa are better triggers, that's the only reason I am willing to spend more than $100.  I'm also not interested in any ones opinion who only purchases Geissele, or another brand, just because of the name.)

Thanks for your input.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 7:50:25 PM EDT
[#1]
well i can't  compare those two directly but can give you my experience with a g2s, ssa and a rra 2 stage.

i have had all 3 and they all felt the same to me but i'm not that much of a 2 stage trigger connoisseur either.

i had a timney single stage long ago and it was super light. seemed well built but i had ti adjust the disconnector set screw a few times. didnt care for that feature.

i sold the rra to buddy only because i felt the geissele was better built.

i'm just about to buy another g2s for a scoped rifle.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 11:41:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks. And ya, I'm presuming the G2S will do what I want. I have been hoping to get some input on the new Timney 2 stage triggers.  

I actually have zero experience with 2 stage triggers.  That is probably one reason I don't want to spend the same amount of money on a trigger as I would 1000 rounds of ammo.  A nicer trigger will only do so much, range time is what makes a better shooter.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 12:30:24 PM EDT
[#3]
2 stage triggers are a unnatural feel for me, if used on anything other than a scoped rifle when you have time to take your shot.

whenever i've used them on rifles with iron or RDS's, i find that trigger manipulation gets wonky if you are going to speed or double taps. just too old for new tricks i guess.

for scoped rifles, its the only way to go.

i know the timney guys all seem to really like their triggers but if timney is still using that set screw to adjust the disconnector, i would pass. the set screw on my single stage would walk out and prevent it from letting go of the hammer on rest. although i think i am the only one that ever happened to. haha...but for me, its to much of a variable in a rifle i might use to defend myself. on a range gun, no problem.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 1:02:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Given the price difference, I would get a G2S from DPMS.
http://www.dpmsinc.com/Geissele-2-Stage-G2S-Trigger_p_2679.html

I haven't used the Timney to compare it, but G2S's are good triggers.  B-G2S-E is another excellent option that gives the SSA-E feel at a price closer to the G2S. It's a brownells exclusive G2S with springs setup like the SSA-E. If you wait around for a sale and stack a coupon they can be under $175.
http://www.avantlink.com/click.php?tt=cl&pw=55963&ctc=j4ee5l3h7200zk8a00y51&mi=10077&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.brownells.com%2Frifle-parts%2Ftriggers-parts%2Ftriggers%2Fb-g2s-e-geissele-2-stage-enhanced-trigger-sku100014358-67223-138461.aspx

And for the input you really weren't looking for, I would take an MBT over a G2S - especially if you could catch it on sale for $99.

I wouldn't buy an RRA anymore.  Not after their political shenanigans.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 3:22:52 PM EDT
[#5]
What about the RRA Varmint trigger with a 3.5 lb pull. I saw it on sale recently for around $80....forget where.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 8:32:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What about the RRA Varmint trigger with a 3.5 lb pull. I saw it on sale recently for around $80....forget where.
View Quote
The Rock River 2 stage trigger is a very good trigger. I have one on my High Power rifle at 4 1/2 lbs. The other is a 3 1/2 lb pull on a DMR rifle. Both require a bit of fitting, they are OK 'dropped in' but at really nice if you fit them.

But at the price of the Geissele I would buy that. I bought my Rock River triggers over 15 years ago, back then they were the only game in town.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top