Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/20/2017 9:50:27 PM EDT
do these exist? trying to find a 16" mid length with the heavy socom profile behind the gas block, and cant seem to find anything

this criterion is closest i could find, but its 1/8 and .223 wylde, really want 1/7 and 5.56

http://www.opticsplanet.com/criterion-barrels-ar-15-hbar-mid-length-gas-system-barrel.html
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 10:00:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Here you go

I think this is what your looking for, maybe not.
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 10:02:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Here you go
View Quote
thats the opposite profile of what im looking for lol. that one is skinny behind gas block with beefed up front end
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 10:39:05 PM EDT
[#3]
I haven't seen a SOCOM  M4 bbl in Midlength. Does not mean they are not out there.

I see alot of them sold as SOCOM profile, skinny behind gas block/fsp, and heavier out front. No launcher flats milled?

Not sure why?
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 11:44:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 3:11:16 AM EDT
[#6]
I can recommend a barrel that is exactly that. My general 16" rifle has one, it is stupid accurate but the company is not allowed to be mentioned on  arf.com (I guess they were shilling, thats a big no-no) I bought it years ago and it has been a stupid good barrel. The only thing is that is the .223 wylde chamber barrel uses a 5/8 muzzle thread.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 9:10:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Check your IM's OP  Sent you a message
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 3:05:14 PM EDT
[#8]
RRA heavy barrels would be a good match, other than they're in 1:9. Their stainless ones are 1:8 if you want stainless.

And yes, the terms you are looking for are "heavy" or "HBAR". The M4A1/"SOCOM" profile is just a specific implementation of a heavy barrel.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 1:47:13 AM EDT
[#9]
Not sure this is what you mean, but I have one that is .85 behind the gas port, and "I think" .70 in front. This was sold by PSA a couple years ago as a premium barrel. Maybe made by FN I'm not sure.
I've never shot it so don't know how it will shoot.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 12:05:58 PM EDT
[#10]
White Oak makes this. It's real heavy behind the block.
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 11:11:36 AM EDT
[#11]
PSA Quality barrel

here is a chrome lined very quality barrel.   You would do well to add this to your collection.  FN makes the blank on it.  They shoot real good.  They last a real long time.
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 11:43:09 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
PSA Quality barrel

here is a chrome lined very quality barrel.   You would do well to add this to your collection.  FN makes the blank on it.  They shoot real good.  They last a real long time.
View Quote
And it's carbine gas when he specifically asked for midlength.
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 11:59:06 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
PSA Quality barrel

Yes sir you are right.  I was doing two things at once when I looked that up, and I missed an important point.  Hat tip.

But if I truly wanted that heavy barrel behind the gas port, I wouldn't be so concerned with the carbine or mid.  I already IM'd a midlength from the place that is forbidden to speak of though.  
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 2:51:33 PM EDT
[#14]
Here's what I bought from PSA a few years ago. I "presume" this type is what your looking for?

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top