Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/26/2017 9:29:04 PM EDT
It's my understanding that the anti-rotation tabs can interfere with some of the cuts and designs of billet uppers. Does anyone know if cmt billet uppers will work? Can't seem to find anything.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 9:48:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
It's my understanding that the anti-rotation tabs can interfere with some of the cuts and designs of billet uppers. Does anyone know if cmt billet uppers will work? Can't seem to find anything.
View Quote
In an old post, a Geissele rep stated that, the rails were designed for forged upper. For billet, some material on the tab must be removed.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 11:29:52 PM EDT
[#2]
My mk4 fit just fine to my Vltor mur upper receiver without a problem
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 9:59:29 AM EDT
[#3]
They very recently redesigned the anti rotation tabs. They are no longer set screw based at the 3 and 9 o'clock but rather fixed, no set screw tabs at the 1 and 11 o'clock (roughly). They haven't updated all the pics on their web site and inventory doesn't appear to be 100% current with all vendors just yet either.

I am guessing that the new anti rotation tabs may be more compatible with a wider variety of uppers. Personally?, I like the set screw ones better, but I don't use billet uppers either.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 10:11:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My mk4 fit just fine to my Vltor mur upper receiver without a problem
View Quote
This. Love both of mine
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 3:23:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
They very recently redesigned the anti rotation tabs. They are no longer set screw based at the 3 and 9 o'clock but rather fixed, no set screw tabs at the 1 and 11 o'clock (roughly). They haven't updated all the pics on their web site and inventory doesn't appear to be 100% current with all vendors just yet either.

I am guessing that the new anti rotation tabs may be more compatible with a wider variety of uppers. Personally?, I like the set screw ones better, but I don't use billet uppers either.
View Quote
That's the mk13&14 that changed the anti-rotation tabs
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 9:47:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Fits perfectly on my CMT
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 12:51:00 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

That's the mk13&14 that changed the anti-rotation tabs
View Quote
No it's not just those. Look at the pics for the Mk4

https://geissele.com/super-modular-rail-mk4-m-lok-607.html
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 8:17:25 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

No it's not just those. Look at the pics for the Mk4

https://geissele.com/super-modular-rail-mk4-m-lok-607.html
View Quote
I stand partially corrected. The mk8 still looks like it has the old style tabs though
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 8:18:49 AM EDT
[#9]
Double tap
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 1:40:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Fits perfectly on my CMT
View Quote
+1
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 12:57:34 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I stand partially corrected. The mk8 still looks like it has the old style tabs though
View Quote
Call/email them and ask about the changes and they will tell you all new made rails are now non set screw. There are probably some set screws still in the supply chain for now.
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 5:30:59 PM EDT
[#12]
I just got a MK8 today and was surprised to find out it would NOT work with my SMOAS billet upper.

Looks like I am in the market for a MK14 rail now.
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 7:19:49 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I just got a MK8 today and was surprised to find out it would NOT work with my SMOAS billet upper.

http://i.imgur.com/96j2Oj5.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/B3Age0Z.jpg

View Quote
That rail has the old style anti-rotation tabs.

You may not be interested, but you can modify the rail tabs to work with your billet upper.  I had to do it with a 15"Mk4 on a Mega billet upper.  If you've got a dremel tool, it's about a 30 minute fix.
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 1:07:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote
What size is this one?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top