Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/19/2017 1:11:59 PM EDT
I was Fleabay a while back and picked up a box of carbine handguards described as follows "Box of Handguards for an AR15. 11 Thin and 3 Larger."
This is what came in the ma
il. (yes they threw in a extra set)

Attachment Attached File

Of the "Thin handguards"  10 of the 12 have 6 holes instead of 7.

Attachment Attached File

Here is what they look like installed

Attachment Attached File

They came from some Sheriff's office in Florida, and don't have any numbers or markings on them.  BTW, for those that will ask  I paid $22.50 for the box plus $20 shipping.

The question I have is are the 6 hole handguards some kind of retro thing, or are they just a regular handguard.  I am not into retro stuff (note the stainless steel pencil barrel on the A-3 upper).

I don't really need that many carbine handguards (and I really dislike the M4 handguards) so I may sell most of them off and was trying to get some idea of what they may be worth.

BTW, anybody want a half a M4 handguard? They threw it in the box with the other stuff.

Like a puppy, free to a good home (you just pay shipping)
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 2:22:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Are you going to get rid of any of those 6 hole thin ones? I am looking for a set for a resto I am doing.
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 2:34:33 PM EDT
[#2]
I would love a set of six holed handguards I sent an im
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 2:51:44 PM EDT
[#3]
A seller on the EE has a pile like yours for sale @ $65 a set.
His are all skinnys, iirc.
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 2:52:20 PM EDT
[#4]
I will most likely sell most of the 6 holers, I was surprised to get them, I figured they were some beat up handguards, and like I said I am not into retro building myself.

I will sell the M4 handguards cheap, (I don't like them at all)
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 2:55:41 PM EDT
[#5]
I got a good (unintended) deal on them so I believe in passing good luck along. Once I determine a price, I will list  them, but it will be well under what that guy is asking.  I really just want to make enough to buy a 10.5" barrel and complete another pistol build. 
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 3:27:10 PM EDT
[#6]
I just listed them on the EE for $37 shipped.  I don't want to get my pee-pee slapped by the mods for selling outside the EE so I am willing to take more pictures and stuff any questions about them , but questions or interest in buying should be directed to me in the EE.

BTW, the offer still stands on the  1/2 M-4 handguard, Free to a good home.
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 3:59:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Just took off some 6 holers, they are from my '95ish DPMS 16" carbine build. I am putting DPMS Glaciers on because my brass catcher mount is molded to that size, these are skinnier.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 5:33:32 PM EDT
[#8]
These may be dpms, like I said there aren't any markings.  I just like the smaller handguards.  Interested in trading those for a M4 set (complete with an extra handguard)
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 5:46:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Sent an IM on your EE listing.
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 6:01:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Reply sent with pp addy and request for non paypal shipping address. I may have screwed up the initial response.  I don' t understand the email system very well.

Link Posted: 5/19/2017 6:15:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 7:10:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Reply sent with pp addy and request for non paypal shipping address. I may have screwed up the initial response.  I don' t understand the email system very well.

View Quote
Thanks,

Actually because of where I live, both of my addresses are confirmed with Paypal, I normally use my PO Box because my mail box is 3 miles from home and is not secure, it does not work out well to send gun parts to it, things have a tendency to disappear, I am in the middle of claim right now with UPS over a 5000 round ammo order because they won't come to my house!

I did get a note from you and look forward to receiving.

Dave
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 8:22:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks for sharing your fortune with us!  I replied to your listing and would like a set.

Here is more info on what you have

6 hole handguards
View Quote
Based on a review of the thread referenced above, these handguards appear to be Colt.  Since I have no way of confirming that for sure, all I can say is they appear to be colt handguards, and more importantly, there is no price change planned.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top