Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/7/2017 10:56:40 AM EDT
My name is Patrick and i would like to ask some questions about the Assault Rifle`s used inside this picture.

Wich AR-15 Rifles are those in particular?
Are those special made Railway Systems for those rifles?
What slings were used within this picture and what types of Optics were used?
On the left side you can see an AR i would like to know if this is an Designated Defensive Marksman Rifle or the particular Optic for performing such a type of assignment.

They seem to me be made specifically made for this assignment of High Threat Executive Protection with the usage of conducting Close Quarter Battle Techniques during an exchange of Fire.

This is my first Post on AR15.com so i am a little bit proud and thrilled about the answer`s to come.My wish is to become Trauma Surgeon and an Armorer with the AR-15 Rifle Platform.
Link Posted: 5/7/2017 11:06:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Looks like older CQBR variant M4's. Colts with 10.3" barrels, KAC rail, and what looks like a PRI front fold down sight/gas block.  The optics are some model of Aimpoint red dots.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Close_Quarters_Battle_Receiver
Link Posted: 5/7/2017 12:17:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Welcome to the site, have a good time.
Link Posted: 5/7/2017 1:11:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Welcome
Link Posted: 5/7/2017 3:08:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Welcome to the madness! 
Link Posted: 5/7/2017 8:05:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Looks like older CQBR variant M4's. Colts with 10.3" barrels, KAC rail, and what looks like a PRI front fold down sight/gas block.  The optics are some model of Aimpoint red dots.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Close_Quarters_Battle_Receiver
View Quote
This guy looks spot on. Rifle on the left looks the same as the other two, just a little hard to discern, being dark and at a weird angle.

Welcome to the site!
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 12:26:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Those look like FF RAS rails, although it's possible the lock ring is just a delta ring with a standard M4 RAS.  Folding front sight/FSB, either PRI or KAC most likely.  Aimpoints for the optic.
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 3:15:30 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Those look like FF RAS rails, although it's possible the lock ring is just a delta ring with a standard M4 RAS.  Folding front sight/FSB, either PRI or KAC most likely.  Aimpoints for the optic
View Quote
I agree. 
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 4:26:56 AM EDT
[#8]
in for the ride
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 7:01:04 AM EDT
[#9]
The mount and rear sight look like ARMS. At least two of the muzzle devices look like Surefire comps.

How old is this photo?

I'd guess these are DD uppers and possibly DD FF M4 rails if not KAC and KAC FF RAS.

Looks like some circa SPR Mod 1 era stuff on 10" guns. I'd say those are pre 2010 guns.

Rail covers KAC for sure, vertical grip ARMS, probably.
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 7:32:43 AM EDT
[#10]
Welkom bij de club!
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 7:41:46 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

How old is this photo?
View Quote
The Picture has been taken in the time frame where FBI Director Mueller was Director.The Follow Car was inside an National Geographic Documentary wich was released in 2003.

Thank you for the warm and nice welcome.
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 4:58:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 3:15:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Dunno about the ARs, but that guy on the right is holding his with a fake arm. Like that SS agent during Trump's inauguration.
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 3:52:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Dunno about the ARs, but that guy on the right is holding his with a fake arm. Like that SS agent during Trump's inauguration.
View Quote
wat
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 8:33:39 PM EDT
[#15]
Not sure why they're opting for a rifle. I would think a sub gun/PDW would be a better choice for urban protection duty.
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 8:48:43 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 7:21:58 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Not sure why they're opting for a rifle. I would think a sub gun/PDW would be a better choice for urban protection duty.
View Quote
Not for guys in the chase car, their job is to lay down accurate fire (and draw it) while the principle gets out of Dodge.  PDW's make more sense for the agent's with the principle.
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 2:30:29 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 3:17:51 PM EDT
[#19]
I seem to recall a thread from a few years ago that discussed the development of those waffle stocks and if I remember right those stocks didn't come out until 2003-2004 sometime. I may be misrembering though. It is fascinating to me how much AR rifles have changed in such a short period of time. When that photo was taken those rifles were cutting edge with all the cool parts on them. Now they look dated and retro.
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 3:25:22 PM EDT
[#20]
Look like Mk18s except they have the M4 stocks instead of the SOPMOD.
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 8:46:47 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote
   Care to explain that?
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 12:56:12 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Care to explain that?
View Quote
Apparently, some people think they're using fake arms to conceal guns. "Tactical fake arm" lol

Makes no sense, IMO
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 11:07:16 AM EDT
[#23]
I'm not sure how true it is or what the advantage would be, but if you zoom in on the guy on the far right. It does look like a second thumb on the vertical grip. Again not saying it's true but does look funky.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top