Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/1/2017 11:35:01 PM EDT
Poll coming is live.

Background:

Have a 14.5 pinned with an A2x.  Like A2s and they get the job done but I have been experimenting with a couple hybrid muzzle devices for a little while.  I think I am ready have my gunsmith remove the A2x and pin one of them.  They are:

1) White Sound FOSSA 556

And...

2) Precision Armament EFAB

Pros and cons are pretty obvious if you know these devices but in a nutshell:

The FOSSA 556 is quieter and lighter (than EFAB), has better flash suppression, can mount a GT Halo but does not compensate for rise as well as the EFAB.  Dust signature in the prone is good and it does an admirable job at controlling recoil for a non baffled brake.

The EFAB is noticeably better at controlling muzzle rise and felt recoil and still does an admirable job supressing flash... about on par with an A2.   But as stated it is louder and slightly heavier.  Dust signature in the prone is okay but not as good as the FOSSA.

POU for the rifle is and remains TEOTWAWKI.  Which of these hybrids would you prefer for pinning and welding on a fighting/get out of Dodge rifle, and why?

ETA: sorry for typo in the poll.  Also, shout out to the guys in the FF FSB builds revival thread.
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 11:37:57 PM EDT
[#1]
IBTP!
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 9:36:15 AM EDT
[#2]
I can only offer my experience. I have both the efab and afab. The afab is the only hybrid that I would permanently attach.  Hands down my favorite muzzle device.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 10:42:59 AM EDT
[#3]
For a 14.5, I would recommend the AFAB over the EFAB. Cheaper and lighter with similar performance. From my understanding of what Precision Armament states, the EFAB was designed for muzzle pressures of shorter barrels. With longer barrels the difference is negligible. I would call PA to make sure though.

I went with the AFAB because it looks better.

I have a Surefire 5.56 suppressor but still run the AFAB on some guns because I like it so much.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 9:37:21 PM EDT
[#4]
I've tried a number of different muzzle devices, and while I haven't tried the EFAB, the AFAB is now on all my AR's.
IMHO the AFAB is probably the best hybrid currently available w/the possible exception of the EFAB (which I haven't had the chance to try).

Tomac

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 1:01:54 PM EDT
[#5]
The only reason I would choose the FOSSA is if you have night vision or plan to get night vision. The efab/afab are both similar in function to the griffin flashcomp which I had for awhile and sold  because it produced a decent amount of flash right in your FOV.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top