Site Notices
Posted: 4/17/2017 12:58:46 PM EDT
Anyone tried this hand guard yet?
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 8:00:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Anyone tried this hand guard yet?
View Quote

Yep, I did. I got one of the Mach 2.0 15" ones for an 18" AR. What are my thoughts?

First, it's a beautiful rail. Very nice and everyone that sees it asks where I got it and how they can get one. And when you put it on a SS barrel, its looks awesome. There is a lot of detail as well.

Second, it's pretty light weight.

Third, it works.
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 7:27:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Just received the 15" m-lok. Will install this weekend, seems to be decent quality. Pretty darn light too!
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 8:31:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Most handguards are made of 6061 due to ease of machining. There are a few made of stronger materials but they generally come in the highest end of the price range due to their machining cost.

These guys claim 7075 and yet are only charging $60. Color me skeptical.

I'd like to know where it's made (I assume they would be using lower quality raw material) and what heat treat is used (T6?).

They claim an anodized steel barrel nut which I assume they are just bluing it.

That being said, if you're not going to beat on your handguard, it's still pretty cheap even if it's not all they claim it to be.
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 6:55:16 PM EDT
[#4]
They look exactly like every other Chinese import hand guard out there.  The price pretty much confirms that.
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 2:20:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They look exactly like every other Chinese import hand guard out there.  The price pretty much confirms that.
View Quote
Material looks thinner than the knock offs. Also don't forget that Matrix rails are U.S. made and start out around 60 bucks as well.

You are right to be skeptical though. NSR Style rails seem very common in regards to chinese imports. Almost as common as YHM style rails.
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 3:38:52 AM EDT
[#6]
That site has all kinds of knockoffs.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 11:42:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Material looks thinner than the knock offs. Also don't forget that Matrix rails are U.S. made and start out around 60 bucks as well.

You are right to be skeptical though. NSR Style rails seem very common in regards to chinese imports. Almost as common as YHM style rails.
View Quote
There are several inexpensive rails out there that are high quality like Matrix and UnbrandedAR and the UTG Pro series.   But I've found that pretty much every low price NSR style is a Chinese import.   So many shady dealers try to pass them off as US made and then people wonder why the screws strip and the rail is crooked.
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 12:08:23 PM EDT
[#8]
I just purchased one for a pistol build. If it is a Chinese knock off, it is a very good one. Everything is in spec and it is heavy duty. The aluminum is thick and normal type anodizing. It's not superlight it is almost 13oz for the 12" mlok slant front hybrid.  I am kinda impressed.  I made the mistake of buying a Chinese knock off last year for a .300blk budget 16inch hunting build. The handguard felt cheap, metal thin, had shiny black anodizing, and the top rail was out of spec so any metal buis would be loose even if fully tightened. That crap rail has held up well but it is a scoped/rest rifle. The breek arms handguard is nothing like the other knock off I experienced and is a good value imo.

Edit: for some reason the link to the one you posted OP wasn't working With my phone and kept sending me to brownells site. Got it to work and the one your looking at is definitely the thinner cheaper one. I bought the top one at that page so I can't confirm the quality of the one your looking at. I bought mine from their eBay store and it was 89.99 shipped rather than the 109.99 on their site.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 8:37:40 AM EDT
[#9]
Why mess with Chinese handguards when you can get a USA Matrix Arms handguard for same price?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top