Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/14/2017 8:55:47 AM EDT
Does anyone make a Pencil Barrel Dissipator?, or one with an non F marked FSB?
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 9:30:19 AM EDT
[#1]
If you're game for an assembled upper, Spikes GMP Dissipator upper has a pencil profile-ish (0.625 gas block and FSB journals).

ETA: The Spikes is F-marked.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 12:59:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Would it be possible to pop the pins out of the FSB, and replace it with a non F marked, and put new pins in? Then I could just replace the upper with a carry handle.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 1:26:03 PM EDT
[#3]
The FSB is not really interchangeable, unless you get lucky and find one that the holes match up.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 4:37:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Would it be possible to pop the pins out of the FSB, and replace it with a non F marked, and put new pins in? Then I could just replace the upper with a carry handle.
View Quote
Your chances of finding an FSB, especially .625, that matches the hole placement and taper of the holes in the barrel are essentially zero. What you can do is get taller or shorter sight post to adjust for elevation if you max out at either end of the extreme.
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 4:17:33 AM EDT
[#5]
The Spike's GMP upper is good to go.  Love mine.
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 5:19:47 AM EDT
[#6]
I dont think AIM Surplus is carrying the Spikes GMP Dissipator anymore.  It's not on their website.
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 6:09:23 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 7:10:29 AM EDT
[#8]
Talk to John Thomas in the retro forum.  He did a heck of a job for me on a one off pencil profile 14.5" barrel with a pined dissy front sight and mid length gas block after I spaced out how to do it.  Used a voodoo tactical extended hider that's small enough for full disassembly.
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 9:56:41 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 10:07:24 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

We went as light as we practically could. Adding the FSB means we have to run at leats .625" on the front diameter of the barrel.
View Quote
When and where can we buy one of these? Thx.
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 10:16:26 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 10:26:37 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Soon!
View Quote
Was about to buy a Dissipator upper from another vendor, but now I wait...
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 2:44:43 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote
Don't hold your breath.  Faxon has been saying they're coming soon since last December.
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 2:49:52 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Don't hold your breath.  Faxon has been saying they're coming soon since last December.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Faxon barrels are worth the wait.
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 7:32:39 PM EDT
[#15]
I put a PSA faux dissy barrel (med gas, rifle fsb) on a retro a1 upper and LOL is that sucker front heavy but sooo sexy. If Faxon come out with something I will throw money as hard as I can at my monitor until one shows up at my door.
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 6:00:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I put a PSA faux dissy barrel (med gas, rifle fsb) on a retro a1 upper and LOL is that sucker front heavy but sooo sexy. If Faxon come out with something I will throw money as hard as I can at my monitor until one shows up at my door.
View Quote
Damn really I hate front heavy guns... After an hbar a2. Is it really that heavy? I was planning on using a windham m4 dissipator with a C7 upper.
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 1:56:28 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Soon!
View Quote
Any chance of a lightwt 14.7 carbine gassed barrel with pinned on lo pro gas block someday? 1:8
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 6:14:20 PM EDT
[#18]
Link to said thread:
#faxondissy4life

I'm waiting it out
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 12:54:14 PM EDT
[#19]
Mock dissipators are going to be heavy, even with a .625" FSB.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top