Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/23/2017 5:42:57 PM EDT
Hello guys,

Since Im looking for a 12-13 inch FF rail I was wondering if any manufacturer out there make one with picatinny rails only at 12 and 6 o'clock..

I dont really care about rails at 3 and 9 o'clock since I've never used them.

Thanks
F.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 5:53:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Rail sections are dying off. Accessories attaching directly to the forend (M-lok / keymod) are the best options now
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 6:14:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Do you want rails under and over the whole length or just the end?  I am not aware of any that do the full 12 and 6, but some that do full 12.  Also there are some out there that do 12 and 6 but at the end (like the YHM Todd Jarret competition rail). Or just the 12 at the end like the ALG Defense EMR.

You could always go with the Aero monolithic upper, I think it has rails only at the 6 and 12 position.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 7:25:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Fortis does I think? The one I'm thinking of has picatinny top and bottom and keymod or mlok on the sides.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 7:43:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Noveske
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 8:22:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Only 12 and 6? SLR Rifleworks Intrepid lite is exactly what you seek.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 8:26:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Fortis rev is 12 and 6 o'clock.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 12:00:22 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Rail sections are dying off. Accessories attaching directly to the forend (M-lok / keymod) are the best options now
View Quote

Respectfully disagree.  Way too much legacy and new Picatinny accessories out there.  M-Lok and Keymod are great, but they still need mini rails for most accessories.  Yes, they can be run with just the top rail and a Picatinny rail at 6 o'clock at the bottom front.  It is common.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 4:04:43 AM EDT
[#8]
Thanks guys I'll take a look at those rails.

I have a few accessories i like to use on multiple weapons such as bipod, vfg, etc and I would like to stick with the good old picatinny mount instead of buying a new set of mounts
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 4:17:49 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Hello guys,

Since Im looking for a 12-13 inch FF rail I was wondering if any manufacturer out there make one with picatinny rails only at 12 and 6 o'clock..

I dont really care about rails at 3 and 9 o'clock since I've never used them.

Thanks
F.
View Quote

Plenty of good manufacturers still making quad rails, but I have never seen 12 and 6 only.

My main problem is I hate keymod and after having bought something with MLOK on it and actually using it, I now think MLOK is cancer and don't want another product with it ever. I like the pre-MLOK Geissele SMR and the KAC URX 3.1 modular rails with the regular screw threads for adding picatinny sections. Finding rails like that is getting tough.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 4:27:45 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote
That isn't what the OP wants, try again.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 4:58:24 AM EDT
[#11]
I think one of your best bets, if you don't like mlok/km, and want something in stock that is easy to install would be a centurion cmr.  It has the 12 o'clock, and you can screw a rail (s) section onto 6 o'clock and it ain't going anywhere.  You mentioned the old G's and URX...  these are similar. They are very slim in diameter and light and comfortable and extremely easy install.  

Pics are from the 28pg Centurion rail thread:
https://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_12/612028_Centurion-Modular-Rail--CMR--info-and-picture-thread--add-your-pics---.html&page=26

Plenty of people mounting rails and then grips to the bottom of them.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 10:11:41 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
after having bought something with MLOK on it and actually using it, I now think MLOK is cancer and don't want another product with it ever.
View Quote

I'm curious ... why is it a cancer?  I can see not liking some aspects of it, but "a cancer" is a pretty strong categorization.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 11:43:14 AM EDT
[#13]
OP might want to check on the Equipment Exchange for something like that Daniel Defense Modular Float Rail (MFR) 12.  I still have mine and have no intention of chasing M-Lok or Keymod.  You put 3" mini rails only where needed (including 45 degree offset) or nowhere at all.  It's sadly been discontinued from current production.

Mine is completely slick except for the bottom front for a QD Harris bipod and 45 degrees at the right back for an offset mini reflex.  The top full length rail mounts a folded MBUS Pro backup sight and just behind it is a QD sling mount.   Very clean.  I like the round tube everywhere I touch with the support hand. Other companies made similar products before the M-Lok and Keymod marketing craze hit, driven by marketers to get people to buy new accessories to replace perfectly good ones that were Picatinny mounted.  

With the QD Harris:

Both optics and the Harris are QD mounted and all mounts are super secure and dependable Picatinny.
Top Top