Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/21/2017 6:10:09 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 6:26:01 PM EDT
[#1]
CMMG is my go to for lpks. Best stock trigger. That and ALG are all I use.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 6:42:30 PM EDT
[#2]
The LPK from PSA below is hard to beat for the price.  It comes with their polished FCG which is nearly idental in feel to a ALG ACT trigger, Moe+ grip, Magpul polymer trigger guard and the other misc. lower parts for $60.

PSA Magpul LPK

PSA also has the non + grip combo with the same trigger for $60 and the non + grip combo with polished trigger and ambi safety for $65.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 6:53:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 8:40:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Spikes enhanced is pretty decent. Personally I'm allergic to milspec style triggers but if I had to have one I'd get a lower minus the fcg and buy an alg trigger.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 8:44:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Yeah, seen that, was wondering how their polished FCG group was as far as quality.
View Quote

It is a great mil spec type trigger.  I have a few (2 in lowers) and two ALG ACT triggers.  They are nearly identical in feel.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 10:13:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 10:20:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Alot of guys are special springs with them (JP?), but I am not sure if they sell them factory that way.
Someone who knows will be along I'm sure.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 10:28:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 10:45:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Only reason I ask is a lighter pull on my 9mm ar would be nice, as it will be rolling as a pistol till I do paperwork....
View Quote

Looks like ALG has a purple hammer spring. I'm having site issues so I can't view much more .
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 1:50:19 AM EDT
[#10]
My vote, also, goes for a PSA LPK with the EPT trigger. I have both EPT's and QMS's and I prefer the EPT. The ALG QMS has a great break, but the reset sucks IMO (it feels VERY gritty on reset). However the EPT feels smooth on both fire AND reset (although has a slightly softer "break" that's not quite as crisp as the QMS). Not to mention that the EPT is (normally, on sale) about $15 cheaper than the QMS, and it's a no brainer. The EPT has the silver trigger, so if that bothers you... it's not for you (since there is no way to paint it, being NiB nothing will stick to it).
The PSA EPT LPK's are hard to beat $ wise. I wish I had gone that route, rather than replacing all my mil spec's now.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 10:56:27 AM EDT
[#11]
I have been testing out a righttobear.com enhanced nickel teflon trigger group. They're polished before hardening then coated and are also pair with hand picked springs to deliver a 5lb-5.5lb pull. They run $39.99 and are worth every penny in my opinion. You can get a no grip, no FCG LPK from midway for $20 or $30 to compliment it.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 11:05:09 AM EDT
[#12]
Last I checked the PSA kit with a QMS was out of stock, but it's hard to beat for the money.  I think their "sale" price is the normal price, it's marked down every time I see it.  I can't get on their site at work, but I think the MOE kit is usually cheaper than the standard for some reason.

I quit buying ACTs, the QMS is good enough for me.  It's either that or a Geissele in all my builds.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 2:53:08 PM EDT
[#13]
ALG ACT is my go to trigger in my 9mm setup. I got mine during one of their frequent sales.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 4:46:11 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 2:15:34 AM EDT
[#15]
LaRue has a very reasonably priced trigger. For the money, it can't be beat
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 6:40:37 AM EDT
[#16]
PSA often times has the MOE kit with ALG QMS trigger for $60 I just got one a couple months back.  It was my first QMS trigger and compared to the stock mil-spec ones I really like it.  As for the guy saying his had a gritty reset, mine does not.  It is a very smooth reset and very smooth pull.  There actually isn't much pull/reset to it as far as travel goes and the break is also clean just a little harder pull then I'd like.  The pull weight is similar to a mil-spec one but is a lot cleaner overall.  I haven't ever tried the ACT or their EPT one but don't see how the actual pull or reset could be any cleaner then my QMS.  The only advantage I could see over this is pull weight, I bet with some lighter springs this would be one heck of a trigger.  

I wish there was a way to use lighter springs/make the pull lighter without sacrificing reliability in primer ignition.  If the ACT or EPT were a lighter pull then I'd say go for one of them, I have heard good things about all of them.  But for the money it is hard to beat the MOE QMS kit for $60 when the triggers are selling for $45 by themselves.  That gives you a $15 MOE lower parts kit.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 7:36:08 AM EDT
[#17]
CMMG
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 5:48:48 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 7:10:16 PM EDT
[#19]
Be aware that there can be some challenges with 9mm triggers due to the harsh blowback operation. It may take some trial and error to find one that works well. I've had triggers double on me in my 9mm build. And what works for one person may not work for you and vice versa.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 8:22:10 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 2:35:27 AM EDT
[#21]
Aero Precision has an outstanding mil spec fcg in their standard parts kit. Every one I've installed is consistently great. They test out better than the bcm pnt, the alg, and the psa enhanced.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 10:51:08 AM EDT
[#22]
BCM Enhanced LPK
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 2:45:19 PM EDT
[#23]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top