Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/27/2017 5:53:55 PM EDT
Anyone have an ATX Armory Billet 40 build? I'm looking for a rail for my build that's fairly lightweight but, I keep seeing that some of the rails leave a gap between the receiver

I was also hoping if someone can tell me if they think the BCM KMR will fit without leaving a gap.

(Note the gap)

An SLR is currently the only option on my list. (No gap)

Thoughts?
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 4:24:21 PM EDT
[#1]
So OP have you handled their receivers or rifles yet? How did you hear about them?

I just met the gang at SHOT a few weeks ago and bought a few billet-40 sets from them. I will building a epic long range 6.5G on their sets once my barrel comes in. Have a 20" Bartlein melonited coming from Precision Firearms soon. Anyway ATX is coming out with their own matched rail for the billet-40 set so wait on that if you can. Their making 2 different rails both are super light and do not require timing of the nut. Word on the street Rainier Arms will have them in stock soon. Otherwise there is not a more solid rail than the Geissele IMO.
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 11:05:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So OP have you handled their receivers or rifles yet? How did you hear about them?

I just met the gang at SHOT a few weeks ago and bought a few billet-40 sets from them. I will building a epic long range 6.5G on their sets once my barrel comes in. Have a 20" Bartlein melonited coming from Precision Firearms soon. Anyway ATX is coming out with their own matched rail for the billet-40 set so wait on that if you can. Their making 2 different rails both are super light and do not require timing of the nut. Word on the street Rainier Arms will have them in stock soon. Otherwise there is not a more solid rail than the Geissele IMO.
View Quote

I picked up a Billet 40 receiver set from Ranier, on a whim. I had never even heard of them but, I really liked the receiver set so I took a gamble on it. I specifically like the weight, aesthetics and the forward assist option.

I'm really not trying to build a rifle that's the "lightest of the lightest." For instance, I'm still going to add lightweight back-up sights and a flashlight. I would like to get the rifle to under 6 lbs. with the optic and mount (MRO, B.A.D.) Also, a BCM enhanced 14.5" barrel just arrived today and I just checked ATX and it seems they're only doing 15" rails. They do look nice, it's a shame.

I wish I could find out if the BCM KMR 13 would fit correctly. It's 7.7 oz with the stock barrel nut. Switch that out with a V7 titanium nut and it becomes lighter than some of the carbon fiber hand guards. The Geiselle rails are some of my favorites but, they're going to be a little heavy for this build. I think I'm going to go with the SLR Helix Ultralite 13.7" in m-lok. It weighs 7.9 oz with the barrel nut. I'm going to call them and see if they make titanium nuts.
Link

Good luck with your 6.5.
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 4:34:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Remove please
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 7:41:39 PM EDT
[#4]
I donto know anything about it but I just ordered that grip last week and am patiently waiting it's arrival.
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 8:06:25 PM EDT
[#5]
If you are trying to remove the gap between the rail and upper, take a look at the 2a armament be rail. The the screws that support the rail push the barrel nut, pushing the rail against the upper.  

The video at the bottom of the link explains it better:

http://2a-arms.com/products/bl-rail-m-lok?variant=4744340803
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 6:44:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Okay, I'll check it out.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 1:32:42 AM EDT
[#7]
The bcm snugs up tight to uppers. You just push it on as tight as you like then torque down the screws. The rail doesn't attach to the barrel nut so however close you put it is where it's going to be. Love the kmr rail.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 7:32:06 AM EDT
[#8]
Love my SLR ultralight. No gap.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top