Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/24/2016 1:58:47 PM EDT
I have always wanted an improved trigger on my rifles, but I just can't afford the high prices of most of the recognized top line drop in triggers. I found the TAC-CON MSA on sale at MidwayUSA for 80 bucks and it intrigued me. It isn't drop in, which saves some money for those with tools and skills, but the end result in my rifles was a no creep/no grit/very short takeup trigger pull that breaks cleanly at 5 pounds. It comes complete with all parts needed, which includes EDM cut trigger, disconnector and hammer, that ride on sleeves, the trigger and hammer pins, disconnector, trigger and hammer springs. The engagement surfaces are hardened and the parts - except for the springs and the polymer spacers on the trigger sleeve and pin, are all coated in Nickel teflon which makes them both slick and allows for consistent trigger pulls. This is a normally priced trigger system at $150.00, and even at that price it just beats the competition. It is a single stage trigger, which isn't for everyone, but for a huge upgrade in feel and function, this is a great addition to any shooter's rifle or pistol. It's mil-spec so it will install in every mil-spec lower on the planet without any modification, and it takes 15 minutes to install even if you take your time and are painstakingly carefull.

The fact all the moving surfaces are hardened and coated makes for a very grit free feel. Add a light coat of oil on the bearing surfaces and the engagement surfaces and you have a very nice trigger. I don't work for TAC-CON, but the quality of this trigger is such that I think everyone should try it and see if I am not being totally honest. If you happen to catch it on sale it is the biggest bang for your buck in enhancing your AR. As I said before, even at full price it is well worth the investment and the payoff will be a great trigger and higher accuracy at range.  

If any of you are running this trigger, let me know what you think about it - and if you aren't, well, get one and see for yourself.

Zero5Delta

Link Posted: 9/25/2016 1:49:40 PM EDT
[#1]
If I'm going to have some type of enhanced milspec trigger it'll be the ALG ACT.

It's less expensive, even at MSRP. A set of JP yellow springs could be added with the ACT and still be under the Taccon price.

ALG/Geissele are awesome companies that I trust. Any issues with my trigger and it'll be solved no questions asked, as proven over and over again.

I have an ACT and I love it. When it was in a 5.56 gun I used yellow springs with it and it was great. Now it's in a 5.45 rifle with stock springs and I've hand no issues with it. It's a great upgrade for those that aren't quite ready for a Geissele G2S, SSA, or SSA-E.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 2:55:32 PM EDT
[#2]
The ALG are good basic shooter triggers. Midway had on sale their ARStoner triggers, I really liked their AR Stoner hand guards but their triggers seemed really 'notchy' it just felt weird when the trigger broke.

I've looked at and Tried the high end TAC-CON triggers and they are sweet. Was everything to do to not put one on the credit card.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 3:23:38 PM EDT
[#3]
The Hiperfire EDT for $85 is now my go-to mil-spec trigger replacement, nice to be able to change from a 4.5lb to 5.5lb trigger pull  by swapping hammer springs: http://www.joeboboutfitters.com/Hiperfire_AR15_Hipertouch_EDT_Enhanced_Duty_Trigge_p/hf-edt.htm

Tomac
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top