Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/21/2016 8:36:22 PM EDT
Does anyone here have any experience with an RRA Ambi charging handle? I usually run Raptors, but, for this build, I'm wanting a more "mil spec" looking one (but want to retain ambi).
The RRA is the only one I can find that appears closest to a mil spec charging handle, but with the extra lever on the ambi side. I'm aware of Troy's, but that looks less "mil spec" than RRA's.
$60 is kind of hard pill to swallow for it (looks like it should cost $25)... but I don't see any other options.
Any experience with them (or other suggestions)? Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 12:19:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Check out the Mega billet ambi charging handle. It's awesome.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 12:58:03 AM EDT
[#2]
No one has one? Is it a POS, etc? I'm not expecting it to be any Raptor (already have those), I'm looking for an ambi CH as close to (stock) "mil spec" looking as I can find.
I know I posted a similar subject LONG ago and people had suggestions for some other company that was importing the same thing (I can't find that thread), however, the suppliers were always "out of stock".
Again, does ANYONE here have/use a RRA ambi CH? Can you tell how the quality is? Is it decent?
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 11:36:22 PM EDT
[#3]
I've never used an RRA but I have one made by Emtan (Israel) which was sold by both PSA ($40) and Black Creek Precision ($25) but neither carry them anymore, and I'm not sure if anyone is bringing them into the US at this time.

Its the only one I have ever seen that looks just like an ambi version of the basic USGI charging handle.

I bought one for $25 and when I went back to get a few more for my parts box, they were all gone.

The Troy is going to be the next closest to an ambi USGI model, but its still pricey.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 9:43:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've never used an RRA but I have one made by Emtan (Israel) which was sold by both PSA ($40) and Black Creek Precision ($25) but neither carry them anymore, and I'm not sure if anyone is bringing them into the US at this time.

Its the only one I have ever seen that looks just like an ambi version of the basic USGI charging handle.

I bought one for $25 and when I went back to get a few more for my parts box, they were all gone.

The Troy is going to be the next closest to an ambi USGI model, but its still pricey.
View Quote

YES! The Emtan... that's the one I was thinking of! Thanks for reminding me. Although... as you said, they haven't been found in awhile. Bummer.
The RRA is (appears to be) the SAME exact thing... but for $60, which is why I was hoping to find the Emtan. Oh well... looks like it's going to have to be the overpriced RRA to get that "look" that I wanted. Argh.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top