Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/28/2016 12:01:32 PM EDT
Hello all, this is my first post on the forums, but definitely not my first foray.  I've found it's easy to get lost in here, lol.  Anyways, I am looking into halfway building my second AR, and I think I've settled on a completed BCM lower that I found on G&R tactical for 395.00  It comes with the BCM gunfighter mod 0 stock, and it looks to be a good deal.  They also have the blem lower for sale for 50 dollars less.  So I guess I have a two part question; I've seen that BCM has what seems to be a good reputation in terms of quality and customer service, but I can't help but noticing that there are very many manufacturers that sell completed lowers for significantly less.  With that said, is the name worth the extra $$?  I know it comes with a few things that you would end up paying extra for in the long run, so I guess I can see the value there, but I also have read (and I say this with a grain of salt, I know everyone has their own opinion) that the lower isn't necessarily something you have to binge extra money on in order to get a quality product.  Any thoughts?  Thanks in advance, and apologies for my green-ness.  
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 12:07:39 PM EDT
[#1]
I would say no.  I've had a few BCM lowers pass through my hands and was not impressed with any of 'em.  

Three of the four would not accept Gen M3 Pmags, one had the mag catch slot cut too low causing very sporadic FTFeeds with Pmags, the last one had rough drilled FCG pin holes and would not accept M3 Pmags either.

LMT makes lowers for grown-ups.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 1:59:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the input, that definitely gives me something to think about.  So the second part of the question then, I'm having difficulty settling on an upper..I've been checking out Spikes, which is at the top end of my budget to be sure.  Any recommendations in that department?  I'm looking for a completed 16" upper preferably with a free float handguard.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 5:19:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks for the input, that definitely gives me something to think about.  So the second part of the question then, I'm having difficulty settling on an upper..I've been checking out Spikes, which is at the top end of my budget to be sure.  Any recommendations in that department?  I'm looking for a completed 16" upper preferably with a free float handguard.
View Quote

Aero Precision in my experience makes a good complete upper, only problem is their handguard/upper combo is unique so your limited to a specific style of Handguard.

Midwest Industries or BCM also make good uppers. If you toss out a budget you'd like to maintain we can provide more help.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 10:10:15 PM EDT
[#4]
While I'm not a fan of BCM lowers, I do like their uppers.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 10:24:14 PM EDT
[#5]
My 11.5" BCM upper goes between my SBR'd PSA lower and my pistol-configured Aero Precision lower with no problems at all.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top