Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/26/2016 6:15:26 PM EDT
Bought a new rail and I need to get a low profile gas block. What block should I consider for my Ruger 5.56?
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 6:22:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 6:25:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I like the Faxon ones..

They're very slick, QPQ melonited, lightweight and use 3 set screws rather than 2 (which is still fine, but 3 is better than 2).

http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0447/2025/products/Capture2__01772.1429102298.1280.1280_large.png?v=1437932154
View Quote

Thanks Josh. When it comes to sizes when I'm looking online, is that for barrel diameter? (dont worry, I won't be installing this stuff. A buddy will haha)
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 6:56:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 7:22:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 11:24:26 AM EDT
[#5]
I like the YHM low profile ones with setscrews.
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 11:42:45 AM EDT
[#6]
I've used a lot of the YHM lo pro set screw 750 gas blocks and they seem to work just fine. What kind of rail are you going to install?
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 8:15:05 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I like the YHM low profile ones with setscrews.
View Quote

My choice, too.  Simple, small, sturdy, inexpensive.  Fits well, set screws hold.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 9:05:17 AM EDT
[#8]
The SLR non adjustable gas blocks are some of the nicest machined and coated GBs I have ever used but they are pricey.  The Aero gas blocks from Schuyler for $20 are a great quality.  They are machined nicely and fit snuggly.   I have never used the Facon GBs.  They look like a quality item.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 11:17:26 AM EDT
[#9]
Which Ruger are you working on?  The pinned FSB model will need a gas block approximately 2" long to cover where the pin holes are drilled.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 11:23:04 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Which Ruger are you working on?  The pinned FSB model will need a gas block approximately 2" long to cover where the pin holes are drilled.
View Quote

Eh, a lot of people don't worry about covering both holes. Midwest industries makes a long block to do it if you really wanted to
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 1:35:35 PM EDT
[#11]
This may be a silly question but I have to ask, is your Ruger a DI or gas piston upper.  The reason I ask is, Ruger makes both types of rifles and they do not use the same kind of gas block.  If yours is a gas piston you are pretty much stuck with the one you have.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 7:20:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
This may be a silly question but I have to ask, is your Ruger a DI or gas piston upper.  The reason I as is, Ruger makes both types of rifles and they do not use the same kind of gas block.  If yours is a gas piston you are pretty much stuck with the one you have.
View Quote

Huh, I dont know actually. Guess I should look into that before I order anything else.

Bought the ALG Defense EMR V-3

Any chance this rail is going to work if it has a gas piston?
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 11:05:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Huh, I dont know actually. Guess I should look into that before I order anything else.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This may be a silly question but I have to ask, is your Ruger a DI or gas piston upper.  The reason I as is, Ruger makes both types of rifles and they do not use the same kind of gas block.  If yours is a gas piston you are pretty much stuck with the one you have.

Is it the  AR-556 or the SR-556?
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 6:24:46 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Its the AR-556
Link Posted: 8/2/2016 4:01:57 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Its the AR-556
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Its the AR-556

AR-556 is a DI gun. The ALG and most any low pro .750 block will work
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top