Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/8/2016 5:49:43 PM EDT
I'm looking to get a Midwest Industries M-LOK, 15" in FDE.  Not sure where to get one for the best price.  Also not sure if there may be a better option out there equal to, or even less in cost.  I'm wanting a thin profile.  Will only use a small section of rail on the bottom.  

If you have an opinion, feel free to post,...and thank you in advance!
Link Posted: 5/8/2016 6:00:37 PM EDT
[#1]
I have two MI Mlok rails. I really like them, especially the Gen 3 design.

If you have a low profile gas block underneath you won't be able to attach an Mlok section where the gas block is unless you use a kinetitech QD Mlom rail.
Link Posted: 5/8/2016 6:02:14 PM EDT
[#2]
I like the ALG Defense rails and lower cost than most out there. Just no that you cannot get it in ugly FDE. They do have Desert Dirt Color though.
Link Posted: 5/8/2016 6:40:53 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't have the m lock but I do have the keymod gen 3 rail. I like it a lot. It's super slim and incredibly light weight. It mounts up super easy and looks great.

Best part, the fine folks at MI hooked me up with it for free on facebook.

" />
Link Posted: 5/9/2016 7:33:04 PM EDT
[#4]
I just bought a Troy 15" M-LOK rail.  So far no complaints, but I haven't had it installed a week yet so I can't really give a fair review.
Link Posted: 5/10/2016 10:16:57 PM EDT
[#5]
I have over a dozen MI handguards, most keymod but I do have a couple of M-Loks.  I cannot for the life of me see any reason to ever try another brand of handguard, Key-mod or M-lok.
Link Posted: 5/11/2016 12:12:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Most likely I will go with a FDE MI M-LOK,......just wanting to get an idea of other options.  I've been a bit out of the AR build for some time.  

Currently I have a Nordic Component rifle length free float tube on my AR [with upper and lower rail segments].....and I believe I can shave off a bit of weight even going with a MI 15" rail.
Link Posted: 5/11/2016 5:56:34 AM EDT
[#7]
I have the 15" Centurion Arms CMR M Lok rail.  Super low profile.   CMR rails are my go to every time.

Link Posted: 5/11/2016 7:38:41 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have the 15" Centurion Arms CMR M Lok rail.  Super low profile.   CMR rails are my go to every time.  
View Quote

Mind saying why?  Anything besides the low profile?  I'm also debating between the CMR and Midwest G3.
Link Posted: 5/11/2016 7:43:05 AM EDT
[#9]
OP, have you looked at the UTG pro rails?  They come in mlok and fde, and get good reviews.  Should be less money too.
Link Posted: 5/11/2016 6:40:00 PM EDT
[#10]
I just looked at them.  They actually look quite nice.  I'll put one of those on the short list.  Thanks!

Link Posted: 5/15/2016 12:30:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Here's another question.  I'm kinda wondering if I even NEED a 15" handguard.  I'm not a big guy, so I probably don't need that long of a rail. . . . . . except in the case I might put a light on it, then there is less light blockage from the barrel, . . . . but up until now, I've never had a reason to shoot my AR at night where I'd need a light.  

Of course, a 12.5" rail will suffice really,.....and be a tad lighter as well.  Maybe I should go that way.  

And after a lot of deliberating,.....I will go with the Midwest Industries LWM in FDE.
Link Posted: 5/16/2016 8:51:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Other than looks, preference, fad (whatever), I don't see the point in the 15" rails either.  I'd go 11"-13" myself.
Link Posted: 5/17/2016 5:51:36 PM EDT
[#13]
I appreciate the comment!
Link Posted: 5/17/2016 5:59:04 PM EDT
[#14]
I really like the Aero Precision M-Lok hand guards. The are very well made and match Magpul FDE nicley.
Link Posted: 5/20/2016 12:19:47 AM EDT
[#15]
I have the MI gen 3 mlok rail in 15"  I really like them, I think you will be too.
Link Posted: 5/20/2016 12:49:53 PM EDT
[#16]
Better can be a subjective term.  That said, I love MI and they have some great stuff.  I prefer their rails.  Their customer service was top notch the one time I needed it.  
Link Posted: 5/20/2016 2:30:33 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Here's another question.  I'm kinda wondering if I even NEED a 15" handguard.  I'm not a big guy, so I probably don't need that long of a rail. . . . . . except in the case I might put a light on it, then there is less light blockage from the barrel, . . . . but up until now, I've never had a reason to shoot my AR at night where I'd need a light.  

Of course, a 12.5" rail will suffice really,.....and be a tad lighter as well.  Maybe I should go that way.  

And after a lot of deliberating,.....I will go with the Midwest Industries LWM in FDE.
View Quote

Now you are getting somewhere.  A 12" rail will get you over any gas block, provide adequate sight radius for any backup irons, and will be lighter and less likely to flex and exert pressure on the attachment point.  Shorter is more rigid (lever/fulcrum effect).  I have nothing against longer rails, I just don't see them as having any advantage that offsets the extra weight and the increased leverage on the attachment point.
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 5:41:22 PM EDT
[#18]
I have a Gen 3 MI rail in M-Lok... It is most excellent and I like it very much.... Highly recommend them. Very good mounting system. And their Homeboys from my state...
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 1:05:03 AM EDT
[#19]
Actually....found a 15" UTG Pro in DE at a gunshow today.  Just an FYI
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 6:57:00 PM EDT
[#20]
I recommend the BCM KMR-A.  I think they have a better barrel nut attachment method than the MI, it is very light and slim, and the price is great at around $150.  I have 3 of them myself in all different lengths.  As far as what length you want, it comes down to purpose.  I put the 15" on my 16" 6.8 because it is used for night hunting and wears a lot of accessories... IR laser, IR illuminator, white light, flip up front sight, clip-on night vision, and sling mount.
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 7:03:41 PM EDT
[#21]
Look at Centurion's new rails.
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 11:02:17 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Mind saying why?  Anything besides the low profile?  I'm also debating between the CMR and Midwest G3.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I have small hands and I grab it just fine.  I liked the look and bought one.  Now I have two of them.
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 2:17:37 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I have small hands and I grab it just fine.  I liked the look and bought one.  Now I have two of them.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do you know whether a SLR adjustsble gas block will fit inside the CMR?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top