Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Are you on our BuildAR's list?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I find myself leaning heavily towards this Rainier Arms barrel: https://www.rainierarms.com/rainier-arms-selecttm-5-56mm-fluted-barrel-16-ss

Any thoughts?  Unfortunately it's out of stock and I have no idea when/if they will be coming back in stock...

I am not.  What is that?  Excuse my ignorance.
Link Posted: 5/7/2016 6:34:25 PM EDT
[#2]
this thread is crazy. the OP wants to know if X is better than Z but give no criteria as to what is best for him. im guessing with only 600 hrs he does not know whats best/what his needs are. he comes in narrowed to two and favors a forth?

i would say you need to spend another 600 or at least enough until you can make your own conclusion.

Link Posted: 5/8/2016 12:00:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
this thread is crazy. the OP wants to know if X is better than Z but give no criteria as to what is best for him. im guessing with only 600 hrs he does not know whats best/what his needs are. he comes in narrowed to two and favors a forth?

i would say you need to spend another 600 or at least enough until you can make your own conclusion.

View Quote

This thread isn't about subjectivity ARs, it's about objectivity.  So this whole "what's best for me" just doesn't enter the picture.  Please not trying to derail the thread like some of your predecessors.
Link Posted: 5/8/2016 12:20:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/17/2016 4:05:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/17/2016 5:05:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Mark you got a recommendation of some of the shelf ammo to try with my 16" as the 69 and 75 gr loads I made up didn't work, when I get a chance will load up some 77gr noslers to try, if anyone wants to pass some pet loads on that would be great
I'm not the best shot but can pull 5 shot groups under 1/2" at a 100 with my 20 practical on a good day

ETA: Got some 77 SMK also but no Varget, off the top of my head have ,R15, R10,R7 H335,CFE,844,846,Tac 8208 and Benchmark to try

Link Posted: 5/17/2016 5:07:20 PM EDT
[#7]

I have had better success with 77 SMK's than 77 Noslers.

23.5gr of Varget with a 77gr SMK normally groups pretty well for me.

For factory ammunition I've had pretty good success with Norma 77gr Match.  Federal Gold Medal 77gr would also be what I consider an industry standard.

Link Posted: 5/17/2016 5:23:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I find myself leaning heavily towards this Rainier Arms barrel: https://www.rainierarms.com/rainier-arms-selecttm-5-56mm-fluted-barrel-16-ss

Any thoughts?  Unfortunately it's out of stock and I have no idea when/if they will be coming back in stock...

I am not.  What is that?  Excuse my ignorance.

Any chance to take one or two more?
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 7:40:36 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 7:55:12 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Larue barrels dominate the 1 MOA all day challenge.

Not to say the WC barrels are not any less accurate.

Is your shooting ability good enough to tell a difference?  Do you exclusive use match ammo?

As to the LaRue barrels, I must have gotten a lemon as it is at best a 2.5 MOA tube.  12" Stealth.  My BCM ELW barrels have beaten it by being sub MOA FWIW.  

Haven't tried a WC tube as yet.  But Colt Hbar Elite CR 6724, and a Mega 18" and Rock Creek custom to name a few of the 14 I have personally owned and shot.

Yes, I know what I am capable of and what my rifles are capable of.  The only positive thing I can say for the 12" Stealth lemon is that the displacement when running the AAC SPR-M4 was the least of any barrel I had owned.  Note that this barrel was assembled into 2 different uppers as well as every other trick known to man.

My guys took that 12" out back and shot it in the condition it arrived here in (1.590" average).

Then they decoppered it and shot it again (0.793" average)

ETA - pic of target ....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v145/AUSTINWFT/LT%20Post/12Stealth_zpsfwnfbktg.jpg
So, you're saying your barrels don't shoot well with copper bullets?

CHRIS

Link Posted: 6/10/2016 8:45:09 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

My guys took that 12" out back and shot it in the condition it arrived here in (1.590" average).

ETA - pic of target ....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v145/AUSTINWFT/LT%20Post/12Stealth_zpsfwnfbktg.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Larue barrels dominate the 1 MOA all day challenge.

Not to say the WC barrels are not any less accurate.

Is your shooting ability good enough to tell a difference?  Do you exclusive use match ammo?

As to the LaRue barrels, I must have gotten a lemon as it is at best a 2.5 MOA tube.  12" Stealth.  My BCM ELW barrels have beaten it by being sub MOA FWIW.  

Haven't tried a WC tube as yet.  But Colt Hbar Elite CR 6724, and a Mega 18" and Rock Creek custom to name a few of the 14 I have personally owned and shot.

Yes, I know what I am capable of and what my rifles are capable of.  The only positive thing I can say for the 12" Stealth lemon is that the displacement when running the AAC SPR-M4 was the least of any barrel I had owned.  Note that this barrel was assembled into 2 different uppers as well as every other trick known to man.

ETA - pic of target ....

Mic drop?

Also, waiting for OP to be banned. He can't possibly last a day longer on this site.
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 9:21:04 AM EDT
[#12]
I have used Rainier's Match, and Ultra Match barrels. All had tight chambers that needed honed, but were MOA or sub with my reloads.

Never used a Wilson barrel.

Only read about LaRue, until they had their barrel kit on sale.

Bought an 18" Stealth kit and was blown away. They are boringly accurate with zero break-in.

Over time, all by uppers will be torn down and barrels will be replaced with various barrels from them.

7 shot, 100 yard group using 55 gr Hornady and (forgotten gr) of RE15. 7 rounds is all that I had left in the mag.
I haven't attempted the MOA All Day Challenge, so please don't place in wall of claim, as I will soon be attempting.

Link Posted: 6/10/2016 8:53:18 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I have used Rainier's Match, and Ultra Match barrels. All had tight chambers that needed honed, but were MOA or sub with my reloads.

Bought an 18" Stealth kit and was blown away. They are boringly accurate with zero break-in.

Over time, all by uppers will be torn down and barrels will be replaced with various barrels from them.

7 shot, 100 yard group using 55 gr Hornady and (forgotten gr) of RE15. 7 rounds is all that I had left in the mag.
I haven't attempted the MOA All Day Challenge, so please don't place in wall of claim, as I will soon be attempting.
http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk161/Richard_Pesce/Mobile%20Uploads/2016-03/7ACF07E1-89A3-484A-997F-8C3435713093_zpstwxmwqrm.jpg

View Quote

That's pretty good shooting!

I don't think you have to worry about being placed on the wall of claim, pretty sure that's for people making unsubstantiated claims. You got some nice proof of life posted here, so no worries!
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 9:07:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk161/Richard_Pesce/Mobile%20Uploads/2016-03/7ACF07E1-89A3-484A-997F-8C3435713093_zpstwxmwqrm.jpg

View Quote

No claim no shame
Link Posted: 6/11/2016 11:11:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

FWIW my Recon 308 is the most accurate rifle I own.  Even more accurate than my 308 bolt guns (granted, I don't have any high end ones but still...)
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 12:55:09 AM EDT
[#16]
Who sells Krieger barrels?
Link Posted: 6/25/2016 2:09:52 PM EDT
[#17]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top