Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/18/2016 8:07:43 PM EDT
These $100 16" nitride barrels at PSA Freedom, KAK, and Brownell B-Tac... hit and miss or GTG for occasional plinking?  Also the Del-Ton looks like a KAK lightweight barrel (and weighs exactly the same) sold for a little more.

CHAD
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 8:48:19 PM EDT
[#1]
im rocking a PSA 10.5" cmv upper right now. its GTG.

may be the best money i ever spent on an AR. lol!

Link Posted: 4/18/2016 9:58:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Have 3 KAK barrels now, all mid-length 16" that were around $100 each.   One is my trashcan gun that only shoots Steelcase wolf ammo  and made from spare parts, and the others get mostly brass. I took the trash can gun out to 100 yards prone, and shot roughly 3 to 4 MOA, unscientifically measured. That one is not getting cleaned very often and gets mobile 1 as lube.

I have not performed the same test on the others, but they get brass and get cleaned. All three are Green Mountain blanks and Nitride treated.

For what I do, which is mostly plinking at steel and paper in fairly high volume, they seem as accurate as my Colt and LMT,  again, without scientific backing.

For my purposes, the trashcan gun is a test, unscientifically, to see if I really notice a difference between it and a colt, LMT or FN barrel.  This would be in accuracy as well as wearing out the barrel. I currently own an LMT 10.5 inch barrel that has close to 10,000 rounds through it with minimal loss of accuracy, so tough competition.  It Will take me a while to finish the test

So far, so good.

Link Posted: 4/18/2016 10:15:59 PM EDT
[#3]
I picked up a pair of PSA 16, Middys, no issues, worked out $208 shipped for 2, marked freedom. Gtg
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 12:30:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 11:21:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Step it up to a Faxon.

Best value overall. Their gas ports properly sized.

My Kak 11" 7.62x39 carbine barrel had a huge gas port. Set to the max of .125. Where a .09" would work just fine. Bolt velocities would be crazy without an adjustable gas block.

After that, I don't really trust Kak.
View Quote

Yeah, I was going to grab a better barrel, but then I received a $125 gift card from work, and wanted to use that for a barrel, and it's not too likely someone will accept partial payment on one card and the rest on another...

CHAD
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 11:26:21 AM EDT
[#6]
Andro Corp has Ballistic Advantage barrels, and with the arfcom discount code, they are only slightly more money than you are talking about.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 11:51:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 12:36:14 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Yeah, I was going to grab a better barrel, but then I received a $125 gift card from work, and wanted to use that for a barrel, and it's not too likely someone will accept partial payment on one card and the rest on another...

CHAD
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Step it up to a Faxon.

My Kak 11" 7.62x39 carbine barrel had a huge gas port. Set to the max of .125. Where a .09" would work just fine. Bolt velocities would be crazy without an adjustable gas block.

CHAD

Don't wast money on a shit barrel.  

Josh is right about KAK's gas ports.  Way oversized, and it can cause function issues.  

Cheaper to just buy a good barrel to start with.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 2:06:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

We do. Call us and ask for me.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

CHAD

Earned a sale.

CHAD
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 11:04:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Step it up to a Faxon.

CHAD

I ordered from AIM since you were out of stock.  Thanks!

CHAD
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 7:47:13 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 10:46:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Does Faxton offer a FSB on their barrels?
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 11:41:17 PM EDT
[#13]
my KAK lightweight 14.5 has been awesome, & they do let you split payments on a single purchase over the phone if you are using a gift card.
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 8:07:23 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 8:22:08 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
my KAK lightweight 14.5 has been awesome, & they do let you split payments on a single purchase over the phone if you are using a gift card.
View Quote

So does Faxon!  And AIM!

CHAD
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 2:50:05 PM EDT
[#16]
I've got a kak 10.5 and I like it. Accurate
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 8:47:15 PM EDT
[#17]
I have a KAK pencil. I got it cause I had an adjustable .625 gas block laying around and figured I'd put it to use. Low and behold, KAK has a .750" GB area on a .625" barrel.

It's a mid-length barrel, but the gas port is too big so it performs like a carbine length.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top