Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/5/2016 1:48:01 PM EDT
I dug up my spikes break intending to sell it on the EE and while taking pictures of it I found this erosion pattern on the threaded end of the brake.  Is this normal wear to see?  Can I still sell it on the EE?  I just started selling and I'd hate for negative feedback.  The brake must have had less than 500 rounds through it.  The rest of it looks pretty good.  I swapped it out early on for a silencerco muzzle brake, which is why the round count is so low.  Thanks for any feedback.  I put links to the picture as they are HUGE

Picture 1
picture 2
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 2:24:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I dug up my spikes break intending to sell it on the EE and while taking pictures of it I found this erosion pattern on the threaded end of the brake.  Is this normal wear to see?  Can I still sell it on the EE?  I just started selling and I'd hate for negative feedback.  The brake must have had less than 500 rounds through it.  The rest of it looks pretty good.  I swapped it out early on for a silencerco muzzle brake, which is why the round count is so low.  Thanks for any feedback.  I put links to the picture as they are HUGE

Picture 1
picture 2
View Quote

I'm not seeing erosion?  I'm guessing what you are calling erosion is the carbon buildup that's stuck to the threads?
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 2:29:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Hard to tell from the pics. Spike's has a lifetime warranty.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 2:55:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 3:19:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Any device that redirects hot high pressure gas is going to erode. The more extreme the redirection the faster it will wear.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 3:28:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Any device that redirects hot high pressure gas is going to erode. The more extreme the redirection the faster it will wear.
http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg76/gi57/M4-2000/P4131805.jpg
View Quote

Should have gone titanium.

Lol
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 3:57:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Lol
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol

Not my pic just one I pulled off a search.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 4:42:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I'm not seeing erosion?  I'm guessing what you are calling erosion is the carbon buildup that's stuck to the threads?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Picture 1
picture 2

Wow. I can't beleive that would be carbon.  Especially that much after so few round.  Ill poke it tonight though.
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 10:39:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol

Too bad that thread got killed, here it is after many more rounds.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top