Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/1/2015 10:37:21 PM EDT
I really like the MI Gen2 SS front ends. But I  was wondering, are there any other options out there for a slim profile front end?

I'm not a big fan of the over skeletonized versions I've started to see.

And,

I'm putting this on a 16" barreled light-weight carbine, what length would be optimal??

Thanks in advance.

Link Posted: 10/1/2015 10:44:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Check out SLR Rifle Works too. They make a nice hand guard.
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 10:48:40 PM EDT
[#2]
The Noveske Skinny Rail (NSR) is the slimmest I've ever used. Possibly my favorite rail ever made.
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 10:51:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Bcm KMR is what you seek.
Link Posted: 10/2/2015 12:10:56 AM EDT
[#4]
ALG EMR-M-Lok V2
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 3:48:34 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

I really like the MI Gen2 SS front ends. But I  was wondering, are there any other options out there for a slim profile front end?

I'm not a big fan of the over skeletonized versions I've started to see.

And,

I'm putting this on a 16" barreled light-weight carbine, what length would be optimal??

Thanks in advance.

View Quote

The highest quality narrow and smooth rail system is the Noveske Key-Mod NSR rail.  The Noveske rail has a much stiffer barrel nut to rail interface than the MI mounting system does so it flexes less handles much more of a piece than MI rails do.  Optimal length will depend on your use and accessories if any and whether you are using a barrel mounted front sight assy. or a low-profile gas block.  If using iron sights only go with a lo-profile gas block and a longer rail to get a much longer (better) sight radius than a shorter rail, 15" would be good if you are not using a brake.  

Link Posted: 10/3/2015 4:21:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Well, for starters, you could look at the MI Gen 3 rails.  Better mounting solution.  I was looking at those until SLR came out with their ION series. Ordered a 13.7" MLOK on the spot.  I really think it's going to be the closest competitor to the BCM KMR for guys that want regular aluminum and an anodized finish and/or don't trust the alloy in the KMR for perceived/real strength issues.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 10:49:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Well, for starters, you could look at the MI Gen 3 rails.  Better mounting solution.  I was looking at those until SLR came out with their ION series. Ordered a 13.7" MLOK on the spot.  I really think it's going to be the closest competitor to the BCM KMR for guys that want regular aluminum and an anodized finish and/or don't trust the alloy in the KMR for perceived/real strength issues.
View Quote

BCM's Alpha Rails are coming out real soon....those are anodized aluminum....
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 1:09:39 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Check out SLR Rifle Works too. They make a nice hand guard.
View Quote

This....^^^.
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 7:31:13 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
ALG EMR-M-Lok V2
View Quote

This ... or V3
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 5:40:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Centurion CMRs are super lo-profile.
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 10:00:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

that's interesting. well, unless BCM makes them available in MLOK, SLR is still gonna be a great alternative.
Link Posted: 10/11/2015 5:04:57 PM EDT
[#12]
The MI Gen II SS is slim, lightweight, fits perfectly, machined nicely, and is a good value.

Link Posted: 10/15/2015 12:21:17 PM EDT
[#13]
The Lavi from Matrix Arms is pretty slim. Super Lightweight as well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top