Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/3/2015 12:31:05 AM EDT
I have been thinking about replacing my A2 flash hider on my AR with something else, something that mitigates recoil to some extent.  

What do you suggest?
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 12:35:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Strike Industries J-Comp is good for recoil mitigation, and it's only $30 if you just want to try it out. I like mine, it's just loud (like all comps).
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 5:38:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Believe it or not, the $25 extended A2 comp/brake from the ArfCom store is quite effective for the price.

I'm sure the Jcomp  will perform better but the A2 comp will not be as loud...I have found it to be quite tame as far as noise is concerned, and is a noticeable improvement over a standard A2 birdcage.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 7:20:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Miculek Comp $35 from Brownells. It's inexpensive, effective and loud as fuck.  If you want quiet, buy a suppressor.

Link Posted: 9/3/2015 7:23:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Miculek Comp $35 from Brownells. It's inexpensive, effective and loud as fuck.  If you want quiet, buy a suppressor.

View Quote

Never shot indoors with yours, I see.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 11:32:56 AM EDT
[#5]
J-Comp is a really good little compensator for the price.  We have used a few and still have one on my son in laws rifle.

As above, comps are loud but effective.  Indoors they can really piss people off...  They are ok for the shooter but everyone else gets a blast.  I have a tri-delta on my SPRish build and the recoil is feather soft, but it BOOMS.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 12:54:37 PM EDT
[#6]
OP -- you may find this series are articles very informative:

Here's the summary
http://precisionrifleblog.com/2015/08/21/muzzle-brake-summary-of-field-test-results/

Be sure to click through the links for each series of field tests (recoil reduction, ability to stay on target, sound test, ground signature & muzzle blast)
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 5:37:02 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

OP -- you may find this series are articles very informative:

Here's the summary

http://precisionrifleblog.com/2015/08/21/muzzle-brake-summary-of-field-test-results/

Be sure to click through the links for each series of field tests (recoil reduction, ability to stay on target, sound test, ground signature & muzzle blast)
View Quote
Thank you

Link Posted: 9/4/2015 2:14:47 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh I have and it's not for the timid.
For eliminating muzzle rise and recoil reduction it's definitely the best bang for the buck.
You can also drill it to "tune" it and or clock it to your preference.

There are some very expensive brakes on the market. Personally I don't think their performance warrants the price they're asking.

Again, quiet is not a word I associate with any muzzle brake.

Link Posted: 9/4/2015 9:15:37 AM EDT
[#9]
AFAB

Best balance of recoil reduction, no nose dive, low flash, low concussion/noise/blast, size/weight, and cost. About $100. Not for use with silencers.

Link Posted: 9/4/2015 9:39:22 AM EDT
[#10]
Someone did a pretty thorough test of a lot of muzzle devices, and the Primary Weapons Systems FSC556 was the best overall.  I've used it and really like it.  It makes a very noticeable difference.

Here is a link to the tests and a quote from it:

"For an excellent middle ground of recoil reduction, neutral muzzle position, and fireball mitigation, the FSC556 is a great compromise."

http://www.vuurwapenblog.com/uncategorized/ar-15-muzzle-device-comparison/

HighSpeedSteel
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 12:46:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/5/2015 12:34:06 PM EDT
[#12]
PWS Triad.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top