Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/2/2015 11:19:48 PM EDT
Anyone ever have issues with geissele triggers? I've heard that though they are smoother and an upgrade from the standard g.i trigger, they aren't as reliable. Thoughts?
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 11:26:29 PM EDT
[#1]
I have four one of which an SSA was in a carbine class which consumed 1700 rounds in five days with no problems at all.

From my own usage, I consider them be totally reliable.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 11:38:25 PM EDT
[#2]
I think some hi speed guys with the .gov use them.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 11:50:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Anyone ever have issues with geissele triggers? I've heard that though they are smoother and an upgrade from the standard g.i trigger, they aren't as reliable. Thoughts?
View Quote

My first Geissele trigger was the Hi-Speed National Match Service Rifle trigger for large pin Colts. Bought in 2006.

Still have it. Still works like the first day I got it. Only changed the springs once. No issues, ever. Breaks at 4.5lbs all the time, every time. Never failed a weigh-in test (tested by match directors using an actual trigger weight set - gravity).
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 11:58:42 PM EDT
[#4]
I have three builds with SSA-E triggers and one with an ALG Defense Trigger which has jumped from build to build.  Love em!!!!

My hardest used one, an SSA-E resides in my MA-10 build.  It has about 800 round at various gas settings, many VERY vigorous.....runs like a champ!!!
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 12:05:53 AM EDT
[#5]
My S3G has hammer follow issues now and then if you don't utilize a very deliberate pull and release or don't have a firm handshake grip on the pistol grip....
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 12:23:19 AM EDT
[#6]
I have 6 or 7 of them including one of the match variety in my 308 SASS rifle.  They tend to multiply.

They have all been 100% reliable.  Never had an issue with one of them and never heard of someone having an issue. I would trust my life to them if need be. They are an absolute GREAT replacement trigger and IMHO a must have on a rifle now.  Like I said if my budget could afford it all my AR's would be sporting one.  I am slowly working my way through them.  The G2S Trigger at around $150 just can't be beat.  It is pretty much identical to the SAA trigger.

The only thing I can ever remember here was the one problem came up with installing them in the new Palmetto State 308's a while back, but I think that turned out to be a tolerance issue in the back of the lower if I remember correctly.  Wasn't a problem with the triggers.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 3:54:21 AM EDT
[#7]
Have three SSA-Es, zero problems. Very much GTG!!! Buy with confidence!
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 4:29:03 AM EDT
[#8]
I'm starting to see some issues with mine.  I would get doubles and  triples.  Not sure whats causing it.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 4:50:34 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm starting to see some issues with mine.  I would get doubles and  triples.  Not sure whats causing it.
View Quote

Please get a hold of Giessele, there is a problem and they'll get you fixed up with nice safe triggers again.

Anything made by man has the potential to be flawed. The true test of a company is how they take care of their customers and product after the sale and Giessele is second to none in their customer service.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 6:42:34 AM EDT
[#10]
I have 6 and haven't had any issues with any of them.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 8:16:52 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

What do you mean by unreliable.
Your description sounds like the old RRA triggers.
The best manufacturers out there have occasional problems.
For being in such wide spread use the number of posts of problems with Geissele triggers is miniscule.
I have used and have in use several Geissele triggers with no problems or issues.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 11:30:30 AM EDT
[#12]
I started running the SSA-E in my patrol carbine and it runs like a boss. Found it on sale from Primary Arms during one of their holiday sales for $195. Would buy more of them if they didn't cost me my first born. Just picked up a RRA two stage for my SPR (haven't installed it yet)
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 12:58:16 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

My S3G has hammer follow issues now and then if you don't utilize a very deliberate pull and release or don't have a firm handshake grip on the pistol grip....
View Quote

I've had the same experience with an SD3G.  The reset is so short you can trip a second shot before the carrier gets closed.  It's not a faulty part issue, it's the nature of any short reset trigger in a semi auto with no timing control.  I use the S2S in my HD rifle because of this.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 12:58:34 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

I'm starting to see some issues with mine. I would get doubles and triples. Not sure whats causing it.
View Quote

Which model?
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 1:08:55 PM EDT
[#15]
OP, where did you hear that they aren't reliable?

I internet a LOT, and have never heard anyone make this claim.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 1:12:23 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I've had the same experience with an SD3G.  The reset is so short you can trip a second shot before the carrier gets closed.  It's not a faulty part issue, it's the nature of any short reset trigger in a semi auto with no timing control.  I use the S2S in my HD rifle because of this.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree 100% with what you've said.  It's not faulty, but like you I would not use the S3G on a serious defensive/offensive rifle.  I guess "issues" was the wrong word...
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 1:40:34 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I agree 100% with what you've said. It's not faulty, but like you I would not use the S3G on a serious defensive/offensive rifle. I guess "issues" was the wrong word...
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I've had the same experience with an SD3G. The reset is so short you can trip a second shot before the carrier gets closed. It's not a faulty part issue, it's the nature of any short reset trigger in a semi auto with no timing control. I use the S2S in my HD rifle because of this.

I agree 100% with what you've said. It's not faulty, but like you I would not use the S3G on a serious defensive/offensive rifle. I guess "issues" was the wrong word...
Sorry, I think that came across like I was calling you out.  I was just elaborating on why S3G's and SD3G's are likely to experience hammer follow.

I actually use a JARD adjustable in my rifle that is built to shoot fast, the JARD has the same reset length(I can actually adjust it to a shorter reset), but the slower lock time gives the bolt a little bit longer to get closed.  Combined with a LW carrier I can cycle it at 1,000RPM without hammer follow issues.

Link Posted: 9/3/2015 2:36:07 PM EDT
[#18]
the first place I heard about it was Travis Haley, in reference to defense/offense rifles that you trust you life with.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 2:36:25 PM EDT
[#19]
Agreed, I think the OP got some bad info.  

Quoted:
OP, where did you hear that they aren't reliable?

I internet a LOT, and have never heard anyone make this claim.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/3/2015 2:38:26 PM EDT
[#20]
I seem to remember a video where he says that he prefers standard GI triggers in his rifles.  Is that the one you are thinking of?  Or is there one where he specifically says he had a Geissele fail on him?  

Quoted:
the first place I heard about it was Travis Haley, in reference to defense/offense rifles that you trust you life with.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/3/2015 2:41:52 PM EDT
[#21]
IIRC, the SSF is now part of the "SOPMOD" kit for special guy .mil M4A1's.  I wouldn't have any problem trusting my life to an SSA/SSA-E.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 2:43:15 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

I've seen posts where he points out that you wouldn't want a competition trigger in a HD rifle......but nothing about reliability.  Got links?
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 3:11:54 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Which model?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm starting to see some issues with mine. I would get doubles and triples. Not sure whats causing it.

Which model?

s3g.  My ssa runs like a top
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 3:31:36 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I've seen posts where he points out that you wouldn't want a competition trigger in a HD rifle......but nothing about reliability.  Got links?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

that is the video im referencing. He doesn't say specifically geissele triggers aren't reliable. I brought geissele up because they seem to be the best as for as competition triggers go, and i'm thinking about getting one. That why I ask about their reliability/problems.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 3:53:44 PM EDT
[#25]
2 triggers, zero issues
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 7:12:58 PM EDT
[#26]
Thank you guys for the input on different model. I'm gonna order one for my V11 On saturday
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 7:16:09 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If this occurs Geissele recommends you use the heavier spring.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 7:16:24 PM EDT
[#28]
The SSA is safety certified by Crane Naval Surface Warfare Center. It is recommended for demanding applications such as Law Enforcement use, Close Quarters Battle (CQB) and mid-range carbine work.
View Quote

Link

The SSF is safety certified by Crane Naval Surface Warfare Center. NSN# 1005-01-618-8104
View Quote

Link
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 7:37:31 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mine only came with one. Where can I try a heavier one?
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 7:43:53 PM EDT
[#30]
I think they used to come with just one trigger spring.  Current ones come with a black and gold, with the gold being the heavier spring.  Contact Geissele and tell them your issue, they might send you one.  

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/3/2015 9:24:58 PM EDT
[#31]
I'm pretty sure Haley recommend Geissele triggers, in a few videos, and in a conversation or two I had with him.

SSA for anything duty or home defense!
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 9:27:56 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Mine was from before they came with both springs. I contacted geissele snd they sent a gold spring.

I pretty much only experience the problem if I'm shoulder bumping the rifle.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 10:33:36 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Mine was from before they came with both springs. I contacted geissele snd they sent a gold spring.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll have to contact them.  I don't bumpfire the rifle and have had issues...especially when shooting groups.   Apparently I'm the only one who can shoot it too because when others shoot my rifle they always have reset issues.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 11:03:38 PM EDT
[#34]
Have you measured your trigger reset? Nominal reset length is .06" on the S3G. I would guess yours is closer to .03.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 3:19:49 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Have you measured your trigger reset? Nominal reset length is .06" on the S3G. I would guess yours is closer to .03.
View Quote

I'll do so when I get back into the safe.  Thanks for the specs.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 6:20:32 PM EDT
[#36]
Great sale prices going on at Primary Arms.  I've got another SSA on the way, $180 shipped.  

Quoted:
Thank you guys for the input on different model. I'm gonna order one for my V11 On saturday
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/4/2015 10:55:39 PM EDT
[#37]
2 SSA triggers and never had a problem.  About 1000 rounds on each trigger.
Link Posted: 9/5/2015 2:06:41 AM EDT
[#38]
Was an old video when Travis  recommended a standard mil spec trigger I also think that video was made for people to understand a basic setup for a fighting rifle. I'd never recommend a replacement trigger for a FNG either.

He runs several geissele triggers. On the 300blk he tested the trijicon MRO on he used a geissele ACT on the 14.5 a S3G.

The dude makes good triggers I've used a s3g before and you can really get your groove on but its way to light for my taste. I like single stage triggers but the SSA is nice. Again I have no issue using standard mil spec triggers and I've never heard anyone talk about geissele triggers not being reliable. Closest thing I've heard is him not recommending anti rotation pins.
Link Posted: 9/5/2015 8:49:25 PM EDT
[#39]
I've got an SSA in my Colt and a Super T in my DDM4 V11.  Thousands of rounds without a single issue.

And I just ordered an SSA-E for a new build.  Fantastic triggers.  Well worth the expense.
Link Posted: 9/6/2015 12:16:07 AM EDT
[#40]
Mine(SSA-E) has been 100% in about 1k rounds total fired.
Link Posted: 9/6/2015 1:21:33 AM EDT
[#41]
I have an SSA and two SD-C triggers. No issues to date. I am quite confident they will last me as long as I have the rifles and as long as the rifles last.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top