Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/26/2015 1:05:25 PM EDT
Hello everyone - new to the forum from NC. My wife says I'm old  so I guess I am. If this has been covered elsewhere I apologize but I couldn't find it. I have a Colt that I bought new in the early 70's - model SP1, Ser # SP28***. This gun is practically new probably less than 100 rds through it. I've been thinking about using it for target shooting, etc and decided that I need to replace the upper so I can mount a scope on it. I've been looking at several from different manufacturers. Will these aftermarket uppers fit my old Colt lower or do I need to think about doing something else? Thanks in advance...
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 8:10:03 PM EDT
[#1]
why.. I put a flat rail adapter on my A2's   works fine
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 11:44:16 PM EDT
[#2]
look through this and pick your poison. you can mount a scope on your carry handle if you like. only draw back is it might be a little higher than it would be on a flat top AR. and watch some of the videos that are in the link to understand what we are saying.

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=ar15%20carry%20handle%20rail%20mount

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top