Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/22/2015 1:28:39 PM EDT
Saw CDNN is selling Colt Competition Series LPK, question is what are the trigger and hammers like as far as quality? Hammer is low mass. They're supposed to be 6 pounds as installed in a Colt Comp AR, single stage. Read they're coated but have read of at least two treatments so don't know exactly what treatment is used- if any. Can't say I could justify $120 for the kit unless they're something special. Anyone have any input?

Thanks.

Link Posted: 8/22/2015 2:44:34 PM EDT
[#1]
I bought a couple of the Colt Competition lower receivers from Primary Arms last week.  Picked them from my FFL yesterday.

I looked at this kit to go into the receivers but decided not to go with it.  It is simply too expensive for a six pound trigger kit.

Instead I am using extra parts that I had laying around for the LPK and I ordered two La Rue MBT triggers.  

Link Posted: 8/23/2015 5:00:53 PM EDT
[#2]
I am not sure what a Colt LPK costs now-a-days, with a standard trigger in them, compare them to that LPK. AS with the above poster, I also just received a ''Competition'' lower from PA, but have had a Colt LPK lounging here to put in it. Don't remember the cost... I also have a ACT trigger in parts bin to install in it. A Stag LPK is about $60, the ALG ACT is about $60---there is your $120 right there.....
Link Posted: 8/24/2015 10:21:28 AM EDT
[#3]
I cant believe i missed out on these lowers
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 11:53:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I cant believe i missed out on these lowers
View Quote

What did you miss?  I am sure more will be for sale, and they aren't really regular Colt lowers.  They are the ones that Texas company uses to build those $1000 Colt Competition series of rifles.  I have seen them for sale at other places.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top