Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/31/2015 3:39:20 PM EDT
The standard handguard is said to be 9 inches. Yet a portion of the gas block is still visible. Is it a mid-length or carbine position?
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 2:45:49 PM EDT
[#1]
They are carbine length, the gas block is partly under the rail.
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 3:50:35 PM EDT
[#2]
You're assuming that it would be either one. It could be any length they chose to make it. I have no information on what the length is but think it's not a good idea to assume that they necessarily followed a standard dimension that is irrelevant to that particular rifle.
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 4:57:23 PM EDT
[#3]
This.  I think the port location is actually somewhere in between carbine and mid.  

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You're assuming that it would be either one. It could be any length they chose to make it. I have no information on what the length is but think it's not a good idea to assume that they necessarily followed a standard dimension that is irrelevant to that particular rifle.
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/1/2015 9:53:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
This.  I think the port location is actually somewhere in between carbine and mid.  

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

It is an intermediate length. I remember asking on hkpro about my MR556 and I recall being told it's the same intermediate gas system as the hk416.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 5:15:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

It is an intermediate length. I remember asking on hkpro about my MR556 and I recall being told it's the same intermediate gas system as the hk416.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Since "Intermediate" is a known, standardized gas system length probably best not to use that term.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top