Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/30/2015 5:08:35 PM EDT
Looking into replacing my old, tired buffer springs on my 16" and 20" ar15's with Chrome silicone that are good for 100's of thousands of cycles says Damage Industries.

My Question: these buffer springs cost much less @$12 for each the Rifle and Mid-length than what I have seen .... are these Damage Ind. Buffer springs  GTG ?

http://damageindustriesllc.com/product/enhanced-spring-recoil-buffer-action-rifle

My rifles cycle hard and felt recoil is higher than it should be IMO.

Thank you !
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 7:42:05 PM EDT
[#1]
They're on sale, just got the email for $6. Yes they're good to go, they're all I've been running in my AR's, I haven't hit 50k but at 5k they're still holding up fine.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 8:48:34 PM EDT
[#2]
They supposedly are more quiet compared to a standard buffer spring.  I recently read a thread that many people recommended them for quieting down the spring twang noise you here.  Thanks for letting us know they were on sale, I'm going to pick up a handfull.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 8:56:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Buy a Springco Chrome Silicon spring and you will probably never wear it out.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 9:49:45 PM EDT
[#4]
I run them in all my ARs.

Quiet, but not silent...a definite improvement over standard carbine wire springs, and will last the life of the rifle.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 10:08:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They're on sale, just got the email for $6. Yes they're good to go, they're all I've been running in my AR's, I haven't hit 50k but at 5k they're still holding up fine.
View Quote

Thank you; the Carbine  Chrome Silicon Buffer Springs are a Steal @ $5.95.
Bought Chr. S. Rifle Spring for my 20"  and a couple of the $5.95 carbine springs and as well popped for a Chrome Sil. AK47 recoil spring for $8.95.

Thanks Gents !
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 1:28:17 PM EDT
[#6]
I got 5 of these during the last sale.

I've just ran them in 3 different 10.5"s  so far 1k rnds in one 500 each in the other two.
No issues at all. It certainly does tame the twang (never bothered me)  I also never noticed how much i could hear it until it was gone.

I'm not ready to swear i really feel a difference in the way the gun runs. I left all the regular springs at the house so i couldn't test them back to back.
It did seem like they were smoother but i've heard that said so much i'm not certain it wasn't my imagination.

I bought them  so replacing action springs would be a thing of the past.

IIRC i heard damage inc was the the manufacturer so that easily explains how they can be reasonably priced.

Link Posted: 8/2/2015 3:08:30 AM EDT
[#7]
Wolff gun springs. I have been using them in all my guns since the 80s.  https://www.gunsprings.com/index.cfm?page=items&cID=2&mID=1&dID=79
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top