Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/24/2015 7:40:44 PM EDT
I'm looking for a rail for a Recce build I'm doing and I'm pretty sure I'm set on the m-lok system. I was ok with the Geissele as well but I'd like to keep the cost around $250 or less. For the keymod guys, I already have a KMR so not looking to go that route. I was also considering a quad rail, but unless someone talks me into a good one, I'd like to keep off the extra weight.

What rail(s) do you all like/recommend.

ETA: was looking at something in a 15" on a 16" barrel. Would be open to 14's and possibly 13's....not sure how it'll look with those rails
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 8:25:26 PM EDT
[#1]
You mentioned Geissele, have you looked at the ALG EMR? Very affordable.

You could also look at the upcoming URX 4 in MLOK. Price will be higher though.

Link Posted: 5/24/2015 9:35:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You mentioned Geissele, have you looked at the ALG EMR? Very affordable.

http://algdefense.com/ergonomic-modular-rail-v1-m-lok.html

You could also look at the upcoming URX 4 in MLOK. Price will be higher though.

View Quote

I've seen the ALG's but they really just seem like a Troy Alpha with mlok slots....or am I way off base?
KAC is out of the question just because of price
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 10:38:09 PM EDT
[#3]
My interest has been piqued by the Midwest Industries offerings.

8.2 oz with barrel nut (12 inch length)

I handled a friend's rifle with the keymod version, I was impressed.

http://www.midwestindustriesinc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=category.display&category_ID=1266
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 11:29:41 PM EDT
[#4]
ALG all day...would never use another Midwest Industries, they are way too flimsy.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 11:43:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
ALG all day...would never use another Midwest Industries, they are way too flimsy.
View Quote

How is the OD on those Alg rails? Is it like the troy alpha or more squared off?
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 1:34:43 AM EDT
[#6]
There are small flats on the OD for the M-Lok accessories, and they do vary a bit from model to model.
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 3:20:24 AM EDT
[#7]
i really like my midwest industries keymod rail, although i'd have preferred mlok. so i'd recommend you check out their offerings, and then my other suggestion would be an ALG rail, because they're really cheap, but seemingly decent quality.
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 3:36:57 AM EDT
[#8]
SLR Rifleworks Solo line is bada§§. Available with MLOK or keymod, quite a few different lengths and weights with the regular Solo, the mid, lite and ultralight configurations. I have a 15" Solo and couldn't be any more satisfied. I hear LOTS of others say the same. Definitely worth looking into!

http://slrrifleworks.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=66_106
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 7:50:52 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
i really like my midwest industries keymod rail, although i'd have preferred mlok. so i'd recommend you check out their offerings, and then my other suggestion would be an ALG rail, because they're really cheap, but seemingly decent quality.
View Quote

I looked at Midwest and I've liked other products from them but the small tabs that hold the rail to the barrel but sort of makes me worry.
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 7:52:42 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
SLR Rifleworks Solo line is bada§§. Available with MLOK or keymod, quite a few different lengths and weights with the regular Solo, the mid, lite and ultralight configurations. I have a 15" Solo and couldn't be any more satisfied. I hear LOTS of others say the same. Definitely worth looking into!

http://slrrifleworks.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=66_106
View Quote

Yes, I looked at SLR and loved those rails, but then I read they use an aluminum barrel nut and that made me take a step back...are they still producing the ones with the ti or steel barrel nuts, or is it all aluminum now?
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 7:56:31 AM EDT
[#11]
The only benefit I can see to using an aluminum barrel nut is a tiny bit of weight saving and avoiding the gauling of the metal
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 10:00:51 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

I have a 15" MI G2 that isn't flimsy at all.  Not in the least bit.

I do however, think the ALG mounting method is far superior.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top