Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/5/2015 5:03:27 PM EDT
Can you even buy an A1 upper receiver anywhere?

Link Posted: 5/5/2015 5:12:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 5:22:58 PM EDT
[#2]

4 hours left. Don't know how high it will go, but I'd pay what it's at now, and $150 over that.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=479547051#PIC
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 5:43:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Here.
View Quote

Thats not an A1.
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 5:47:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Thats not an A1.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Here.

Thats not an A1.

You are correct. That is a C7 type upper receiver.
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 5:49:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Here.

Thats not an A1.

Ah, interesting. Thanks for the heads up, on that.
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 5:49:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Can you even buy an A1 upper receiver anywhere?  
View Quote

Here is one on GB.

A1 upper receiver
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 5:51:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Thats not an A1.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Here.

Thats not an A1.

That is an A1 style, we should point him in the right direction to finding a true A1 like the retro section

Try the retro forum if you are looking for a specific true A1.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/f_3/123_AR_15___M_16_Retro_Forum.html

Link Posted: 5/5/2015 5:55:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

That is an A1 style, we should point him in the right direction to finding a true A1 as opposed to being not much help at all.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Here.

Thats not an A1.

That is an A1 style, we should point him in the right direction to finding a true A1 as opposed to being not much help at all.

I honestly didn't catch that it was just "Style". Wasn't trying to aim him in the wrong direction, sorry.
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 5:59:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I honestly didn't catch that it was just "Style". Wasn't trying to aim him in the wrong direction, sorry.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Here.

Thats not an A1.

I was speaking toward highpower. Nothing was specified toward an original early A1 so I think it was a viable resource.
ETA: some just like the look of the A1 and don't need it to be period correct, a C7 may be just fine then again may not
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 6:19:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I was speaking toward highpower. Nothing was specified toward an original early A1 so I think it was a viable resource.
ETA: some just like the look of the A1 and don't need it to be period correct, a C7 may be just fine then again may not
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Here.

Thats not an A1.

Agree with your assessment. it absolutely could be a viable choice if the user sees fit. Just wanted to clarify that technically, its not a true A1. That price was kinda high too at that link, fwiw. I got a new C7 from CDNN(or whatever its called) for $49 last Xmas. It went up a tiny bit soon after tho.  
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 6:21:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Here.

Thats not an A1.

It all depends on what the OP is building. A C7 is appropriate for a few retro builds, but the A1 is the most common one used when it comes to retro builds. There are some that are confused with the difference in the use of the C7 and A1 uppers.
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 6:40:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Agree with your assessment. it absolutely could be a viable choice if the user sees fit. Just wanted to clarify that technically, its not a true A1. That price was kinda high too at that link, fwiw. I got a new C7 from CDNN(or whatever its called) for $49 last Xmas. It went up a tiny bit soon after tho.  
View Quote

I pretty much figured you were just informing and hope I didn't come off as condecending as it was not my intention and am sorry. Wish I could have jumped on that CDNN deal though.

ETA: I'll edit my post to not sound like a jerk
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 6:46:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I all depends on what the OP is building. A C7 is appropriate for a few retro builds, but the A1 is the most common one used when it comes to retro builds. There are some that are confused with the difference in the use of the C7 and A1 uppers.
View Quote

True, true. That's why I think op may have better luck/ideas in the retro forum.
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 7:02:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

True, true. That's why I think op may have better luck/ideas in the retro forum.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I all depends on what the OP is building. A C7 is appropriate for a few retro builds, but the A1 is the most common one used when it comes to retro builds. There are some that are confused with the difference in the use of the C7 and A1 uppers.

That is true. There are many more guys there that know about this kind of stuff than those who hang around this forum.
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 7:16:13 PM EDT
[#15]
Another thought.. Some have been successful in machining off the shell deflector on the C7. I think John Thomas(Retro forum) has done this,  with awesome results. You can not tell it was there.
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 7:23:39 PM EDT
[#16]
Call Indiana Army Surplus, a bunch of us in the retro forum got nice Colt marked A1s, some stripped some not for $99
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 8:23:12 PM EDT
[#17]
NoDak Spud has them, a bit pricy. Check in the Industry Forums.
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 10:20:23 PM EDT
[#18]
Equipment exchange. They pop it often.
And I think Fulton armory has some in stock
Link Posted: 5/6/2015 6:28:24 AM EDT
[#19]
Is this one? Just received an A-2 from them and is top notch. MCKAY
Link Posted: 5/6/2015 8:00:05 AM EDT
[#20]
Topic Moved
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top