Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/1/2015 8:15:07 PM EDT
I have a new 12" handguard  and i would like to either mount a handgrip or a bipod would like to have the ability to do either really.  The problem I have is there is no rail system under the handrail and only one hole.  My question is how can i put a rail sutem under the barrel.  Im  not sire how to upload images but i do have a few
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 8:46:29 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

I have a new 12" handguard  and i would like to either mount a handgrip or a bipod would like to have the ability to do either really.  The problem I have is there is no rail system under the handrail and only one hole.  My question is how can i put a rail sutem under the barrel.  Im  not sire how to upload images but i do have a few
View Quote

It sounds like you didn't buy the right "new" handguard.

Link Posted: 5/1/2015 9:42:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Any advice on how to put a pictinny rail under the gaurd?
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 10:06:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote

What brand and model handguard is it?  Is it free float? A photo might help.  To upload photos you have to first post them to an Internet hosting service and then link to their web location.
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 10:08:29 PM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Any advice on how to put a pictinny rail under the gaurd?

View Quote

Could you post a pic of it or at least tell us what rail it is?

I'm guessing...it's round with just one hole at the bottom but I have no idea where this hole is located or what kind of hole it is.

To get good answers you need to give more info or a picture.

Link Posted: 5/1/2015 11:20:29 PM EDT
[#5]
https://m.flickr.com/#/photos/132137548@N02/17338121471/
This is a radical  firearms  round rail

Link Posted: 5/2/2015 5:32:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Your pic wasn't showing above so I posted it here for you.

I don't know the answer but I'm sure someone here will.

Link Posted: 5/2/2015 11:27:07 AM EDT
[#7]
You could drill and tap for a swivel stud and mount a bi pod that way.

I have also mounted a Magpul rail section on a FF tube that just had slots. It was a DPMS tube and the slots weren't recessed like yours but it might work fine.

Oh, hopefully that mag isn't loaded
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 1:40:13 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I have also mounted a Magpul rail section on a FF tube that just had slots. It was a DPMS tube and the slots weren't recessed like yours but it might work fine.

View Quote

Why, every pic of my AR's have a loaded mag in them?

Link Posted: 5/2/2015 5:01:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because it maybe looks like the barrel is covering your crotch?

Looking at the bottom of the tube, it does look like the best option would be a standard hunting style sling post that works with a Harris bipod.  Drill and tap for the machine screw style with back plate nut and lockwasher.

Edit:  Found this when looking for something else today.  McMillan offers different length bolt on Picatinny rails and mounting hardware.

Here.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 6:17:10 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Looking at the bottom of the tube, it does look like the best option would be a standard hunting style sling post that works with a Harris bipod.  Drill and tap for the machine screw style with back plate nut and lockwasher.

Edit:  Found this when looking for something else today.  McMillan offers different length bolt on Picatinny rails and mounting hardware.

Here.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Here.

Not my crotch, I think the chamber must be loaded for a gun to fire, along with the safety off and the trigger pulled. A full mag, is not dangerous.

Link Posted: 5/3/2015 1:40:02 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Not my crotch, I think the chamber must be loaded for a gun to fire, along with the safety off and the trigger pulled. A full mag, is not dangerous.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Here.

Very good, you go with that then.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 5:22:44 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Here.

And you can keep fussing over a mag being loaded.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top