Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/28/2015 4:01:25 PM EDT
Hey, what are some opinions on the BGA Coyote Assault AR-15.  I am trying to figure out which brand to go with.  I know Colt, River Rock, and Bushnell seem to be some favorites.  I am looking for a good lightweight AR that my fiance can use for shooting coyotes, deer, and whatever else we come across.  I know that it is not the "best" rifle for shooting deer but bullet placement accounts for a lot.

This is the link...seems like a good deal but I don't care about the scope because I have a Leupold to put on there.

http://www.gunsamerica.com/939680644/BGA-COYOTE-ASSAULT-LITE-SASS-ATI-OMNI-HYBRID-LOWER-WITH-SAA-UPPER-16-BSA-SWEET-223-3-12X40-OPTIC-A-O-W-3-BALLISTIC-TURRETS-CUSTOM-BUILD-5-5.htm

Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 5:17:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Hey, what are some opinions on the BGA Coyote Assault AR-15.  I am trying to figure out which brand to go with.  I know Colt, River Rock, and Bushnell seem to be some favorites.  I am looking for a good lightweight AR that my fiance can use for shooting coyotes, deer, and whatever else we come across.  I know that it is not the "best" rifle for shooting deer but bullet placement accounts for a lot.

This is the link...seems like a good deal but I don't care about the scope because I have a Leupold to put on there.

http://www.gunsamerica.com/939680644/BGA-COYOTE-ASSAULT-LITE-SASS-ATI-OMNI-HYBRID-LOWER-WITH-SAA-UPPER-16-BSA-SWEET-223-3-12X40-OPTIC-A-O-W-3-BALLISTIC-TURRETS-CUSTOM-BUILD-5-5.htm

Thanks!
View Quote

no, just no.  any company that puts assault in the name of their weapon or builds off a plastic lower is going to be made with cheap craptastic parts.

There is a difference between cheap and inexpensive.

that rifle looks like someone wandered around a flea market with an saa upper covered in superglue and stuck every shit part they could find to it.

You can buy a much better rifle for 650 bucks
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 5:38:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the heads up!!!! What would you think would be an excellent lightweight AR for my fiance....for coyotes and deer.  I definitely do not need top of the line. Just a great gun that is well made and priced fairly
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 5:43:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 5:47:15 PM EDT
[#4]
A big ass scope on a carbine!
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 6:18:05 PM EDT
[#5]
lite weight is very subjective.

honestly bang for the buck look at bravo company usa, palmetto, delton, stag, cmmg or any of the companies that are listed in the industry forum.

a good place  to start would be to google lite weight ar15 build.  A large chunk of the results will lead you back here.   Spend a few hours reading what others have done.  It will give you a better idea of what features you need, what is desirable and what to avoid.

Link Posted: 3/2/2015 1:12:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

no, just no.  any company that puts assault in the name of their weapon or builds off a plastic lower is going to be made with cheap craptastic parts.

that rifle looks like someone wandered around a flea market with an saa upper covered in superglue and stuck every shit part they could find to it.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks!

Right...its all low end stuff on it including the 75.00 scope.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 1:00:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Wow what a pile of garbage...
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 7:00:46 AM EDT
[#8]
OP, arfcom just saved you from wasting your money.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 9:16:20 AM EDT
[#9]
Link has the price at $995+ shipping. Seriously if someone offered me that rifle for $200, I would say no. There aren't any parts in that rifle worth salvaging. I have two of those scopes. Both given to me for free.

Also note the seller has a 93% from 361 transactions. That's pretty piss poor in my book.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top